mmWave Wars: one sensor (module) to rule them all

Andreas makes great videos.

1 Like

Are there any caveats using the HLK-LD2410B over the HLK-LD2410?

The HLK-LD2410B is cheaper to my country when shipped and plan to use it with the YAML posted above for the HLK-LD2410.

Thanks!

I have both, the only difference is that the LD2410B has Bluetooth, which allows you to change the sensitivity setting via the mobile app.

Oh yeah, one more small thing. The LD2410B I ordered did not come with any header pins. HLK said the header pins were out of stock, so I had to order the pins elsewhere and soldered it on myself.

1 Like

Perfect! I’ll order the LD2410B. Thanks!

Does anyone know what the app is called or does anyone have a link to it?

Here is the link HLK provided me for the Android App : HLKRadarTool

There is currently only Chinese version, they said the English version is still in development.

I used Google Lens to translate the screenshot of the app:

6 Likes

the 1.27mm converter looks great, did you manufacture it by your self or is there a online store that sell them?

Pretty handy eh…

@DariBer Designed by me, manufactured by JLCPCB… Let me check how many I still have.

Thanx!

Let me know and I’ll pay for them and shipping.
Or if you sent to share the files and I can order from some company that manufactures PCB

Hi,

great project do you have an English version of the Datasheet with the serial Protocol?

Many thanks!

Not needed anymore found it on GitHub.

1 Like

English Version seems to be available… I checked it in the Apple AppStore and I downloaded the App and the first Screens are now in English… Unfortunately my Sensor has not arrived so I cannot test the App to conform that all Screens are now translated…

Here is the IOS-App: ‎HLKRadarTool on the App Store

Do you mind sharing a link to it?

For what? What link you need?

@crlogic

One Question to your Code: Will it support the two Values from the Sensor:

• Stationary Presence
  • Moving Object

This will help a lot for Automation within HA… Could you give some Details about it?

1 Like

My solution with JST 1.25mm connector.

4 Likes

Nice idee, using the JST 1.25 connector.
I ordered 2 LD2410 sensors from the Shenzhen Hi-Link Electronic co.,Ltd Store on Ali and received the LD2410B Bluetooth version. Now i have connected the sensor just by it’s output pin (no serial) as i am only interested in the ‘Presence’, not any distances. Added the sensor to my Ikea Vindriktning hack…
Configuring the sensor using the IOS app (already in English) is easy.
I had some trouble to find the pinout, so:
ld2410_pinout

1 Like

Has anyone tested the LD2410 power consumption?

I got some 1.27 headers and this adapter but the JST cable is much simpler.

I wonder how difficult would it be to support the Bluetooth version via the Bluetooth integration and Bluetooth proxy

2 Likes