mmWave Wars: one sensor (module) to rule them all

I think it is only a 5,8Ghz Thing. Price is to less to have a 24 Ghz radar sensor and Pir i think

Unfortunately the link with the datasheet gives a “file is deleted” message. I ordered a few new ones to test. Hope they come in soon. The new form factor makes it look easier to solder/connect to a esp32.

Would you mind reuploading the file?

ordered 3 of these as well… :smiley: let’s see what they can do.
asked for docs wia wechat. let’s see.

I’ve added the file to google drive now so it should remain downloadable for the foreseeable future

Nice, thanks! I had a chat with their sales rep, and they only have English versions for the 2410B at the moment (docs version v1.4), I’ll ping her again once the sensors arrive.

According to her, the only difference is the size, but functionality should be the same between 2410B and 2410C

yes that seems to be it

i just ran the chinese one through a good autotranslator and it came out mostly readable

good to see they have put the Bluetooth communication protocol (Section 6.5) in the docs. Hopefully soon the Bluetooth can be read directly in HA without the need of an ESP

LD2410

Weird tried everything, but it wont trigger detection, the distance ect works great
config:

tx_pin:
    number: GPIO23 -> RX pin LD2410
  rx_pin: 
    number: GPIO18 -> TX pin LD2410

id: mmwave_presence_ld2410
    pin: GPIO5

I use a ESP-32S model, Did i something wrong with the gpio’s?

Try it on a set of TX Rx pins TX- RX and RX - TX. Never used ESP-32S but I would guess GPIO1 for RX from sensor and GPIO3 for TX.

Can the LD2410 sensor be reset to factory settings somehow? Using the code for ESPhome and setting up the sensor got into some kind of loop and does not respond.

1 Like

I think i have the same issue. Using the vendor tool gives me info, but via esphome i get no uart info/connection. It did work for a couple of days.
Edit: i had some more time last night. I flashed another D1 mini i had laying around, but the same issue persists. The ‘OUT’ pin on the LD2410 does give a correct high/low signal, but there doesn’t seem to be a uart connection. I am unable to read/write settings from ESPHome to LD2410. With the LD2410tool.exe i can still read/write. Some tips for trouble shooting?

1 Like

Sorry for not reply but I abandoned this version because of need for more complex sensor and better design. I did something different with more sensors than only LD2410.

Would love to know if they work!

Check the TX and RX connections

Alright I got my LD2410 and either I need to configure it better or it it’s not really a replacement for the mmwave sensor. If I don’t move looks like the sensor stops detecting me?

I have LD2410B sensors and they are easy to configure via phone app via BT and they work surprisingly well

LD2410 performance/reliability is not on par w/ the DFRobot. It’s cheaper, that’s why everyone is interested.

Thanks for the info man, then it’s not that needs tweaking but it’s just not that good at detecting… still quite good for a PIR type of sensor functionality

Yes, in this sense, it’s better since you don’t need an exposed lens [of a PiR] and you can hide it better. Plus the distance works, which I haven’t seen a PIR that can be adjusted this way. It’s just the “static presence” that is lacking in comparison to the DFRobot.

1 Like

Try playing around with the sensitivity on each gate LD2410 should be able to detect stationary humans, so long as you are breathing. The downside is when you set it too sensitive it might detect AC-powered fans when they are turned on.

1 Like