Modbus SMA stopped working in HA2023.10.0

After the latest update my SMA Modbus gives nor available to all sensors. I read that the close connection on error has changed.
Sometimes I wonder why working integrations get changed so we end up in shite? I have no clue to how to get them up and running again.
So please help, all that might encounter this error will benefit.

Logs gave no error, system is:

Home Assistant 2023.10.0 Supervisor 2023.10.0 Operating System 10.5 Frontend 20231002.0 - latest

When opening my now defunct sensors in lovelace i get this:

There were some changes in modbus. I assume you are using a 3rd party modbus SMA integration. Check if there is a new version available and upgrade to it. If not let the author know about the problem.

Thank you for replying but no I use an SMA Sunnyboy original setup, but it is from a bit longer ago 2013, so the in configuration,yaml setup is needed to get it running, which it did all the time till this update.
No 3d party thus.

Setup like this:

modbus:
  - name: SMA
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.0.xxx
    port: 502
    sensors:
      - name: SMA_Power_AC
        unique_id: SMA_Power_AC
        state_class: measurement
        device_class: "power"
        unit_of_measurement: W
        slave: 3
        address: 30775
        count: 2

The SMA integration via integration never did work for my type of Sunnyboy inverter, it always failed to connect, the above code worked like a charm though.

Remove the line “count: 2” and try again, This worked for a few others that had similiar issues.

4 Likes

So question remains what has been changed in modbus apart from that disconnect, and how to get it up and running now. Plus question why would one change a working entity integration and render it unoperatable?

I saw your answer I try thank you.

Removing the count line did the trick, SMA modbus works again. Thank you starob!

I’m afraid I don’t have a solution then. But read the discussion about modbus here https://community.home-assistant.io/t/2023-10-new-looks-and-more-tile-card-features/622216/46
This might help you.

1 Like