Modify configuration made through GUI (DSMR in this case)

I’ve set up two smart meters through the DSMR integration. Because I have HA running in a VM and USB passthrough is sometimes iffy, I’ve set up ser2net on the host, and set up the DSMR integration to connect to that network connection.

This works, but now I want to connect the actual smart meters to a different machine, which of course involves changing the host that the DSMR integration connects to. I have no idea how to do this; I can only change the interval at which HA will poll the network connection, but not the IP or hostname. I also cannot add an integration for the meter on the new address, HA tells me the device was already added.

So I’m kind of stumped, I don’t really want to remove the device and lose its history, but I see no way of changing the current settings. I assume the GUI stores its info somewhere, but I have no idea where.

In short: I want to change a setting for an integration that was added to the GUI, and for which the GUI doesn’t offer a settings field when editing it. What do.

Same, I changed my home network ip address. And it seems there’s no way to change the slimme meter integration ip address. Please, if anyone know how to do this.

If manually, which configuration file to edit?

Found it!

Install and run the Terminal addon.
From the Terminal:
Change directory to /config/.storage:
cd /config/.storage
Then edit the core.config_entries file:
nano core.config_entries

I used “vi” editor, and I was able to change the ip address. Restart, and it would be good :slight_smile:

3 Likes