MOES ZM-105-MS dimmer module slow booting up my GU10 spots, takes about 5-6 seconds

I recently installed Zigbee dimmer modules from MOES. Type ZM-105-MS TS0601_dimmer_1 into my pulse switch.

Everything seems to be good. Only when i turn my GU10 spots on it takes almost 5 to 6 seconds until the lights come to their last state of brightness. While the same modules using other E27 light bulbs take about 2 seconds. Also not really fast but acceptable.

Used dimmer module: TuYa TS0601_dimmer_1 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

The same GU10 spots with my Ecodim zigbee dimmer go on instantly.

This Ecodim module: EcoDim Eco-Dim.07/Eco-Dim.10 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

It seems some kind off slow bootup proces of getting back tot the last state. Is this something you can configure within the module? Anyone know how i can solve this?

I have Zigbee2MQTT version 1.30.4
Home Assistant 2023.5.3
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.1
Frontend-versie: 20230503.3 - latest

Two thoughts:

• Is there a way to have the module calibrate to the load? (e.g., that might explain why some bulbs work differently)
  • Is there a way to set the default time to dim up to on? (that would only make sense if that module was somehow configured differently from the one you used for the E27.)
    -David

I am using Zigbee2MQTT and I was not able to find any settings to configure the load or change the dim up time of the modules. The modules also don’t have any hardware calibration buttons.

It seems be specific with the Philips GU10 led spots type WarmGlow. The strange thing is that the same spots work perfectly with my EcoDim 07 Zigbee dimmer.

Maybe someone knows how to calibrate them via some kind of hidden setting? Via the Developer functions in Z2M maybe?

I am pretty new to HA & Z2M.

Hi @m85, are you sure this is not an issue with your zigbee network?
You might have a look at this: Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization

There’s no problem with the zigbee network. It’s a 2 factor issue, one is that the device is just quite slow to dim up, the other is that some lights do not start up from 0% – my Philips G9’s start at around 20%. So the delay is like 3 seconds after pressing the button, enough to drive me mad.

I take it you haven’t figured this out yet? I’m having the same issue with my Moes ZM-105B-MS, also with Philips DimTone GU10 spots. Dimming up is slow (5ish seconds), dimming down is noticeably faster.

My spots come on at 1% but setting the brightness to a high value either in the UI or the light.turn_on service makes them fade in very slowly (and not quite linearly). Setting a lower value (e.g. 100% → 5%) dims down comparatively quickly (maybe 1 sec)

In both directions the value reported in the zigbee network changes immediately, so it’s nothing to do with the network. Operating the dimmer using momentary/retractive switches has the same issue.

I tried to change a number of settings e.g. the TuyaInWallLevelControl → on_transition_time in ZHA, but they seem to have no effect, even though they read back okay. Similarly, I can’t set the minimum dim level, but setting the maximum worked okay. I don’t have the tuya bridge so wasn’t able to try using that.

I still have time to return them but am hoping that I don’t have to. Any suggestions?

I have same issue.
Fade in time wouldn’t be a problem if my led light would turn on at 0%, but they turn on ad 30% and setting minimal brightness does not help.
Please report if you find any solution…