Monitoring home alarm outputs

Personally, I’d go for the Uni immediately

Good work, OP!
That box front in the last photo of the first post looks a lot like my Texecom Elite alarm. If it is, you might want to have a look at Daniel Chesterton’s texecom2mqtt integration. It’s a piece of genius, and you can see all of the alarm’s information as sensors in HA - PIR state, mag switch state, armed state etc. You can use the alarm control panel card in Lovelace to arm/disarm, and use the armed state to run automations. I love it.

With Shelly Uni, I would just need to wired the PO1 & PO2 to the Input 1 & 2 according to the diagram? VCC and GND to the (+) (-) for 12V power?

Ooh! Thanks, @Legandir! It is indeed a Texecom Elite, but I don’t have any of the connectivity options; I didn’t know they were available. I’ll have to find out about getting one of those installed!

If you are that way inclined, you can hook up something like a Raspberry Pi Zero W to the additional COM port, and run Ser2Net to make the data available.

Ah yes, I could do that. But it looks as if I need the Engineer’s code to the panel in order to set the necessary options, which I don’t currently have; there’s a modest service contract with the local company who installed it… I might have to explore the options with them…

I imagine you’ve tried the default (1234)? And I’ve seen it where an installer uses the last 4 digits of their phone number. But yes, I really think it’s worth exploring.

Your pictures shows AC. I assume your panel supplies DC ?

Yes correct, the panel supply DC which currently power the keypad and siren strobe.

Hi,
I have wired alarm and bought shelly uni to see can I monitor my alarm and sensors with it.
I connected shelly uni to alarm power supply. I also connected white cable to positive power supply so I can monitor alarm power usage.
The reason I bought shelly uni is to monitor my PIR sensors on/off state.
My alarm has 5 outputs and 13 PIR sensors. Outputs 1 and 2 are programmable outputs.
I’m still experimenting with this so errors are expected.
I connected one brown cable to output 1 and other brown cable to output 3.
As I can see I get data on output 1. and nothing on output 3.
In my alarm central I associated all 13 inputs ( PIR sensors ) to output 1 and 3.
When PIR sensor detects motion I get input 1 to go on and when motion is not detected input 1 is off.
Now, the problem is that I can’t distinct between PIR sensors that detected motion.
Is there a way you can make distinction between PIR sensors?
On shelly configuration i used for both channels “Restore last mode” and for a button type i use “detached switch”

When I listen to events using shelly.click and PIR sensors are detection motion this is what I get

event_type: shelly.click
data:
  device_id: 8609ecfc6e56fa1fe83e24d38b300fb2
  device: shellyuni-3C6105E52BC1
  channel: 1
  click_type: long
  generation: 1
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2022-09-15T17:24:28.458091+00:00"
context:
  id: 01GD12WDNAA6QQP4QCHFRXZZE1
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null

event_type: shelly.click
data:
  device_id: 8609ecfc6e56fa1fe83e24d38b300fb2
  device: shellyuni-3C6105E52BC1
  channel: 1
  click_type: long
  generation: 1
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2022-09-15T17:24:25.660177+00:00"
context:
  id: 01GD12WAXWEH09DMDVH0EQBY1C
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null

I always get different id from the same PIR sensor.

Sorry Daniel, I don’t know the Shelly Uni so can’t really help.

Well as I know shelly uni is based on ESP8266 board. The thing I dont understand is how did you identified PIR sensors? Did you do something on alarm its self or on your board?

I have amc x824 alarm panel. I can configure it in amc app online. I can connect on output 1 all PIR sensors or just one or few of them.
Shelly uni will send a mqtt message when PIR sensor detect motion.

Hi Daniel -

Well, my original project just used the two panel outputs for ‘armed’ and ‘intruder’… As I understand it, you’ve programmed another output to be triggered by PIR sensors, but if your panel is like mine, they are just on/off outputs; they can’t transmit any information about which sensor has triggered it.

For that, you would need to assign a separate output for each sensor, and monitor them with separate inputs to the Shelly. I’m guessing that the ‘channel’ would then identify which one had triggered. (The context ID is just an identifier assigned by Home Assistant to that particular event, and yes, it will change on every new event. It helps track the event in the databases, logs etc but won’t tell you anything more about it,)

I am now getting PIR sensor information from my alarm, but I’m doing that using the texecom2mqtt add-on mentioned above. I haven’t tried programming extra panel outputs…

Hope that helps a bit!

I have an mobile app for amc alarm. When sensor triggers it show on the app which one is triggered. Also I have unika touch screen, this is alarm keypad but its touch screen , that also show which sensor is triggered in real time.
Tnx for clearing some thing out for me. Yes, you are probably right. My output just identifies that some sensors is trigger but doesnt provide any additional information on it.