Monoprice Stitch Smart Plug

These were on sale last week, so I picked a couple of them up.
Monoprice stitch smart plug

I setup it up last night, and have it working with Alexa via the app monoprice said to use (simplehome).

But I want to be able to integrate them into HA, so I can use with Node Red. Going to see if I can do washing machine or dryer done notification, and also turn on lights when I walk into the room at night.

I think Tuya makes them, but that’s about as far as I got with integrating these into HA.

So wondering if anyone else has used these, or any of the other new monoprice stitch devices? They make a smart power strip that looks cool, but its out of stock at the moment.

BTW, I paid $13 each on sale.

Randy

1 Like

If you can access them on your phone using either the “smart life” or “tuya” app (haven’t tried the monoprice “stitch” yet), then they can be interacted with via HA with the tuya add-on component. In my configuration.yaml I have:

```
tuya:
   username: 1234567890
   password: xxxxxxx
   country_code: 1
   platform: smart_life
```

username is my phone number I registered as (just the digits, no country code or dashes), country code in my case is 1 for US, I registered and configured my stuff with the smart life app but use tuya for the platform if that is what you used.
I then went to services and did a forces tuya download and update in HA.
Tada… I see new switches with really long names in my States display down in the Developer Tools section.

Thanks. I just setup the smart life app, and will see tonight when I get home if I can connect the switch to the app.

I tried this morning to add that tuya stuff, but I was using the login info from the simplehome app, so it didn’t work.

So I put the switch into pairing mode, and added it to the smart life app.

It gave me a syntax error for the “platform: smart life” line, so I deleted that from my yaml, restarted HA, then in services did a tuya.force.update then tuya.pull.devices.
Went to the states page, searched for tuya and found a new switch :slight_smile:

Little work in Node Red, and now I can tell alexa to turn on and off my light.

Still need to figure out how to read power from this guy for a laundry done program, but I’m happy with this stitch plug so far.

1 Like

I’ve been really looking at the Stitch product line. I’m glad to hear that others are working on integration for this. I would like to develop a standalone integration for the Stitch line into HA.

FWIW, here is what I have in my config.yaml
username: smart life user name (email addr)
password: smart life password

I just upgraded to 77.3 and it is working fine.
Never did figure out how to read power, so just using for on/off switches on lights

Couple more things

These stitch plugs will show up as esp followed by a long number on you wifi client list, took me a little while to figure that out :slight_smile:

The long number is at the same, or at least the end is the same as the number that shows up in the HA device info for the switch.

If the stitch stops responding, unplug it to power cycle. I’m been making some network changes on my router lately, and after I do that I find I need to power cycle these guys.

Randy

Any more updates on the Stitch product line? Does it use the tuya component? The thread here doesn’t seem entirely clear. I’m a bit of a newb to the home automation stuff, but this STITCH stuff looks appealing.

Is it possible to configure these devices without a Tuya cloud account?

Heres what it looks like in my config.yaml file
tuya:
username: your user name
password: your password

This is after you setup the device in the smart life app, so cloud still required.
I only turn them on and off, but it works fine.

Wondering if you (or anyone for that matter) made any headway into a 1st-class/stand-alone HA integration @quwip? While I can see there’s some capability possible using the Tuya Components, my takeaway is “no web/no workie” with HA due to its cloud dependency?

I’m a brand new HA dabbler and I’m in the process of evaluating both Stitch widgets and Tradfri widgets for integration into HA for an upcoming new house build.

Thanks in advance for any updates.

2 Likes

I’m curious about this too if anyone was able to get the stitch switch to monitor energy. Would like to use it to alert when washer/dryer is done (one for each).

Know if works like tp-link where it can send commands directly too?

Is anyone still trying to work on this? With monoprice having more items I bought them and they have their own app now instead of relying on tuya or smartthings, though it looks basically the same.

1 Like

Finally, did you tried with Tuya app to confirm if it works ? Im interrested by Stitch flood detector, and searching for solution to integrate them into HA before purchase !

I have a stitch flood detector sitting on a shelf. Never got it to work correctly, even with their app. Wouldn’t connect over wifi reliably. And I didn’t try it until after the return period was over, so it was a waste of money in my experience.

I converted my stich smart plugs to tasmota. My older ones converted with no problem. Otherwise I expect if you got the keys you could use local tuya.

Randy

Someone tried to integrate stitch Flood Detector with the new refactored Tuya Integration ?

STITCH by Monoprice 10A Wireless Mini Smart Outlet - back on sale :slight_smile:

2 Likes