More Traccar attributes

You can use the mobile client.

Are there consensus for adding these kind of attributes to device_tracker entities?
if so https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/19090

1 Like

If someone is going to work on this it might be good to know that the speed that is reported from the traccar server is reported i knots, no matter what you have set inside the traccar server UI.

So this does not work?
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/change-speed-unit-in-traccar-server-online/#post-25073

1 Like

As far as my experience that only change the speed unit in the web ui and atleast the android traccar server app (i guess that app only wrap the web ui)

yup… looks like it…

:frowning: same here… wonder why the custom component was never used in the integration as opposed to starting from what I can see is a new component from scratch? Surely the custom component can be integrated as an official component?

The reason is quite simple, I was not aware of the custom one before making this.

Hi @ludeeus,

Sorry for bumping this old tread but may i request additional attribute for traccar?

I would like to request for last_seen attribute.

Thanks.

Please include “Total Distance” attribute too. I plan to put one smartphone with traccar in my car. If HA can get the value of the total distance travelled, then I can create an automation to remind me to send the car for servicing when it hits certain value.

Any updates on getting the device_tracker battery as a sensor? Dont want to use custom components

Any chance we can get total distance or odometer added please?

@koen01 @masterkenobi --> I have had confirmation from @ludeeus that there is no further work planned on the official component.

Would you like to work together on replacing the official with the original custom component that had loads more attributes etc? To me this is now pretty much stalled unless we use the custom component which I am not a fan of as I would like to use official components…

Thanks

there are no official components via hacs

apologies… the official official component: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/traccar/

You said not a fan of custom components, yet that’s all HACS does install

ok, I think everyone gets the gist… there was an original custom component that I would like to use as the official component as it had loads more attributes…

There are:

1. Official components
  2. HACS components
  3. Other custom components

I want to avoid 3 above… yea?

But there isn’t 3types. Numbers 2 and 3 are the same, HACS just installs them for you nothing more it doesn’t maintain them other than installing the updates. They can be the same component.
BTW, just saw you from Jersey. is that channels island one, originally from GSY here

numbers 2 and 3 are not the same. You can have a custom comoponent that is not maneageable via hacs (it does not include the manifet etc…) yes Jersey… .so not sure why I need a tracker in the first place :wink:

sorry for responding so late. I’m pretty much swamped in work due to covid-19.
also practically in lockdown so no using the cars at all at the moment…

Does my component even work with latest home assistant core? havent used it in a while…