MotionEye config

Run A Command works great on motion detection. But, like everyone else is saying, Run An End Command doesn’t work to return the sensor to the OFF state. Why is that?

I cannot confirm this. The end command is executed (I am using mosquitto and the motion state is set to ‘OFF’ then).

1 Like

How do I avoid false alarms with floodlights turning on and off?
I have the light switch detection on 100% and threshold at about 6.5%.

Everything else is working well. run/end commands to switch detection on/off etc. telegram and google drives uploads than
kfully.
Just the camera IDs were a pain as they didn’t match the ones in motioneye.

First thing I will do is reduce the sensivity of the floodlight motion sensor as our neighbours cat always passes through and sets it off!

Wouldn’t you need to reduce this to avoid it triggering from your light?

1 Like

Is there a way to get this working with a long life access token? instead of the API password?

@QSKONE, i’m working on the montioneye notification setup aswell. You seem to have it working. Can you help me out? I want to use 1 camera with motion detection. The motion detection should send a message to my phone. The phone notification is working, but i don’t yet understand how to setup the mqtt notification part.

@g0g0, i’m still a nooby on this topic, but try to figure out what i need to do to get motioneye to detect and notify on motion detection. I have 2 camera’s working in motioneye. i have mqtt installed. What steps do i need to take?

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

I have this as config in configuration.yaml

binary_sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Motion"
    state_topic: "home/motiondetection/camera"
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"
    device_class: "motion"

I have this in motioneye under Run A Command:
mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.201 -u user -P password -t home/motiondetection/camera -m ‘{“state”:“ON”}’

But the binary sensor never changes status. Should the mqtt ip be the same as the HA IP or does it have an internal ip?
What could be wrong?

it is solved.

mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.201 -p 1883 -u user -P password -t home/motiondetection/camera -m ‘“ON”