Motor on a roller blind - ESPHome version?

Yeah, I used the a4988 driver board, as you can see in my ESPHome code:
platform: a4988

I tried it with the 12V 48BYJ-28 stepper in unipolar mode with ULN2003 driver board, too slow/underpowered even with a gearbox.
Then I modded the stepper tot bipolar and used the a4988 driver, still too slow/underpowered even with a gearbox.
The NEMA17 with a4988 driver did the job, but doesn’t have any holding torque when in sleep mode, so I added the spring-holding mechanism from another blind. But by doing so, the stepper was underpowered ^^
So final version is NEMA17 with the a4988 driver, a planetary gearbox and the spring-mechanism :slight_smile:

The mounting/gearbox looks like this:


So for mounting:
Screw the bracket with the oval holes to the ceiling.
Insert stepper motor.
Slide casing over it (just for looks, to hide the stepper).
Put on the gearbox, screw into stepper at the 4 corners of the stepper.