Motorized valve connecting

Hi,
I have a motorized shutoff valve, it has 3 wires (Green , Red, Black)
First let me explain how it works before getting it to home assistant.
I have a power supply cables (Black and White/black)
Here are my scenarios:

Power supply black cable to valve black cable, and power supply white/black cable to valve Red cable —> Valve is opened.

Power supply black cable to valve black cable, and power supply white/black cable to valve Green cable ----> Valve is closed.

I got this from amazon, this is a relay using zigbee, is there anyway someone can tell me how to connect the 3 wires from the valve to this relay so I can control it from home assistant?

Zigbee relay

Thank you for any help in advance!

Power supply black cable to valve black cable.

Power supply white/black to relay C (common) terminal.

Valve green cable to relay NC (normally closed) terminal.

Valve red cable to relay NO (normally open) terminal.

Energising the relay will open the valve, de-energising will close it.

Note however that power will always be applied to one of the valve direction inputs. If your valve is not rated for this it could burn out.

To stop this you would need another relay to interrupt the power supply white/black cable to the relay after a time period long enough that allows the valve to change state.

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
It works wired this way.
Is there any way to determine if the valve support continuous power? So far it’s working, but I worry about burning down the valve.
Thanks

The valve datasheet or manufacturer support.

Thank you for the help.
Appreciate it.

I have few issues right now. First thing, the valve is seen as a light and not a switch by home assistant. That is probably due to the zigbee relay I am using.
The other issue is that from home assistant when I send to turn on/off command, it’s hit or miss. Doesn’t work all the time, but the physical button on the relay is working.
I am thinking to change that zigbee relay to something else, probably an esp32+relay, or something else. Can you recommend me what could be used here as a smart relay?
Thanks.

Hi Pedro

Evidently: it’s the relay that’s connected to your HA

Do you use other zigbee devices and are those responding all the time & immediately?

You might also have a look at Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage