Mount remote smb share on hassio

dont use username or password with “space” or other special characters, unless you are sure that all device, OS, Software that should communicate with eachother supports this,

i suppose so, but it’s the mount that seems wrong , i don’t know anything about synology

But you get a " Connection refused", so either you don’t have right user/passwd, or not enabled samba on your nas, or wrong path
… thats why i asked about the “disk” … user “guest” ?, i would never have used this, but same user as either HA or samba, and in regards to the path, i obviously can’t say anything as i dont know your system … but i try to be “generic”, so if a mount a disk in linux, i use same file-system/cluster size on the disk,i even have an extra disk for files, configs/backups etc, same file system … why complicate things or “create” additional" fault points ?, various techs is complicated enough … and don’t forget to make sure you use supported nfs version

PS: and don’t for get to change this … Don’t use “special characters” you don’t even know if supported

So I tried to take the Synology out of the picture and just share a folder on my win10 laptop, changed security to give “Everyone” access, and I’m still getting permission denied errors, when trying both nfs and cifs. I did temporarily turn off Windows firewall so I don’t think it’s a port issue, unless my router is doing something weird. I think I’m going to walk away from this one and maybe come back fresh another day. Thanks for your help @boheme61

Which integration/ADD-Onn are you using ? and how does your settings look like there ?

Are you sure you have followed the “Installation” guide for your Samba ? as i don’t use configuration.yaml but th ADD-Onn to configure the Samba, above looks pretty “simple” as there is no “allow_hosts:” etc. , and as i mention before " Don’t use username/password with space or other “special” characters

I think you are in the wrong thread.
This thread is about mounting an external samba share from a samba server not about using Home Assistant as a samba server!

ok, yes it seems so when going through all posts from scratch, didn’t even know that HA was able to “talk” samba, without an Add-On or Integration … but maybe that’s not needed, when trying to authenticate to the external samba-server

So at-least i can try to give a “Final” hint, if it’s helpful …

From: below, thou seems like various solution for Supervised vs HassOS

2 Likes

… And some more from Reddit:

level 2

eruisi

Op · 4 mo. ago

I tried to config NFS in QNAP NFS and mount from regular linux host, but got connection refused:

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.200:/Download /mnt/download
mount: mounting 192.168.1.200:/Download on /mnt/download failed: Connection refused

Continue this thread

level 1

DopeBoogie

· 4 mo. ago

Impossible? Not exactly.

Difficult/next-to-impossible? Yeah pretty much.

You have the right general idea, though I believe only NFS is possible and it’s extremely picky about versions/configuration.

You will also need to run these commands from outside of the home assistant container though, which means that it can’t be done through the HA terminal or ssh add-on. You’ll need to use the debug-mode ssh to access the host system in order to run the mount commands.

This involves using a USB flash drive to import an ssh key (password is not an option, you’ll have to use keys) and once successful you can ssh into :2222 to access the host system.

OK, so managed to get into Debug (on 22222) but I dont have the cifs.utils installed. What package manager is being used, or how can I install the cifs and nfs utils for mount?

i use fstab but after update the fstab is rewriten

Same here. I get this error:
... bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.

I am trying to access a share on my unraid server from within home assistant on another server. Did you get this working?

Hi,
I’m trying to mount a network folder on HA but I need to set user and password to open it, is it possilble to implement user authentication on this automation?

For everyone desperately trying to mount their network shares to Plex, here is my solution:

This worked for me for a couple of years but has now stopped working. Could it be caused by one of the latest HA updates? Is this solution still working for anyone?

If I copy and paste the mount line from secrets.yaml it immediately mounts the share.

mind if I ask what happened to the HA desktop app for Windows? :slight_smile:

Por el Amor de Dios, que esta pasando con los Montajes en Home Assistant?
Tengo una RPi4 con un disco USB directo (donde esta HA) y un segundo con alimentacion que quiero montar y no puedo xq me sale esto:
mount: permission denied (are you root)
Claro, que soy Root!
Pregunto, alguien pudo montar una unidad USB, sin necesidad de crear scripts y solo por comandos?

For who is searching for remote SMB connections and ends up on this thread, here is the easiest solution since the 2023-06 HA release:

1 Like

Nice, exactly what I was looking for to mount my synology shares for use with the sonarr/radarr/sabnzbd addons.