Movement and light sensor for around 10$?

you know, I left it there. Since is not reliable, sometimes has values to the moon (4800 C temperature …)

But tonight I can make tests for you. But really I prefer more stable products.

Also, for example, the broadlink rmpro inside temperature sensor is crap, totally unreliable.

I want measurements for automation, so they have to be reliable, otherwise makes no sense to use it

yes I know that is I spend 100$ I get the most reliable sensor in the universe: so let me add it, I want it reliable and on the 10$ range
:stuck_out_tongue:

but should be possible, I have a camera bought for 20$ and has a good working motion and light sensor …

I think the best would be to get the value out of a cheapo camera.

Anyone knows one?

Naaaa, forget it. For automation something more solid is needed. I think the problem is that it takes value every 30 minutes for battery concern. I think is too much

OK thanks. It seems the best option for me is Broadlink A1.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Broadlink-A1-UK-plug-Smart-Air-Quatily-Detector-Testing-Air-Humidity-PM2-5-Intelligent-Home-Systems/1502081_32260878556.html

Unfortunately, it is 4 times the $10 range.

well at that price it make sense the Hue PIR and light sensor … small, slick, it should work fine. Not too sure about the broadlink seeing how the temp sensor of the rmpro behaves …

I added a light sensor and temp sensor to the gateway if interested.

This is a pretty old post, but I just want to say I saw this comment the other day when looking for a cheap light sensor, and I ended up building one as you described with a NodeMCU board.

In total, it cost me about $17 (I ordered on Amazon because I was impatient… if you ordered from China it would be much cheaper. Most expensive thing was the power supply oddly enough) and took about 3 hours to setup from start to finish (would have taken less time but I ran into some issues connecting my NodeMCU board to my Mac).

I flashed the board with the sketch from the BRUH Automation Multisensor. It works extremely well. I don’t have an enclosure for it yet, but I’m working on finding one or making one to 3D print.

BRUH Automation has an awesome video tutorial for how to set this up as well (just leave out the sensors you don’t need).

Anyway, to anyone who comes across this topic later, I’d recommend this as the way to go. Easy, cheap, and pretty fun to set up. Thanks @Zen

1 Like

Just want to add Xiaomi second generation motion sensor (Aqara) includes light sensor and I think it’s around 10 bucks only.

Ordered a couple of that for testing.

Another reply to an old topic, but if someone comes across this thread, here is another simple ESP-based option with several sensors on a small board for ~$12 on Aliexpress.com