MQTT - failed to connect

Hi guys.
i have 2 HA instances. one is for testing and the other is main HA. the testing instance is running pretty vanilla and the main instance is more robust, accessed with SSL via cloudflare tunnel etc. i bought some tasmota smart plugs and so i tried to install mqtt. on my test instance everything was just “plug and play” . i installed the mosquitto addon, started it, added the mqtt integration, added the tasmota integration and everything just worked. trying to do the same on my main HA instance i am getting stuck after installing the mosquitto addon, when i try to installed the mqtt integration no matter what i do i get “failed to connect”. what am i missing? the only difference between the test and the main HA instances is the fact that the main HA instance uses SSL.

A few ideas:

• What log evidence do you have? (if you post here, add code fences)
  • Use IPv4 addresses, not hostnames as HASS IPv6 doesn’t work. The post includes test commands to try.
  • If you’re using SSL tunnels, is your routing correct? Can you telnet -4 xxx 1883 and see the broker respond?
  • Have you installed… (in order)
    • Mosquitto broker Add-on
    • MQTT integration (for SetOption 19 1 - old HASS discovery)
    • Tasmota integration (for SetOption 19 0 - new Tasmota discovery)
  • Try installing a MQTT analyser on another machine and see if that connects
    https://mqtt-explorer.com/
  • Read this MQTT tutorial written for another question

I have run several servers connecting to ONE broker to control the same Tasmota devices so Production and Test can share - just remember WHICH broker you are using.

If this helps, :heart: this post!