MQTT JSON Light Transition not working

i have an led strip light drived by node mcu using bruh code here

everthing is working fine for me except transitions when i change color or brightness from home assitant front end the changes are instant and no transtion happens !!! am i missing something

after more investigation i found out the home assistant is not sending the transition value to mqtt while i can add on scenes and it will work just fine.

• platform: mqtt_json
    name: “Strip Light”
    state_topic: “bishooman/ledstrip”
    command_topic: “bishooman/ledstrip/set”
    effect: true
    effect_list:
  • bpm
  • candy cane
  • confetti
  • cyclon rainbow
  • dots
  • fire
  • glitter
  • juggle
  • lightning
  • noise
  • police all
  • police one
  • rainbow
  • rainbow with glitter
  • ripple
  • sinelon
  • solid
  • twinkle
    brightness: true
    color_temp: true
    flash: true
    rgb: true
    optimistic: false
    qos: 0

Can you share your config and your automation and make sure you use code blocks and syntax highlighting please?

Dear lolouk44

i have submited my ocnfig above and for scene kindly find below

scene:

• name: Presentation
    entities:
    light.optoma_projector: on
    switch.blind_down: on
    media_player.sony_tv_2: off
    switch.tcl_power: off
    light.curtain_spotlight: off
    light.meeting_spotlight: off
    light.main_lights: off
    light.ikea_lamp: off
    light.desk_lamp: off
    light.strip_light:
    state: on
    rgb_color: [0,0,255]
    brightness: 10
    transition: 7
    switch.strip_projector_mode: on

the transition only works in scene, when i run serial monitor in arduino ide i can see that transition parameter is being passed on mqtt when i press the activate scene button and transition parameter is missing when i change the colors or brightness from light control frontend

sorry to be pain, but you need to copy the code from your config, not from your post above.
The code is formatted as HTML as opposed to YAML so I can’t double check indentation.
Using the switch on the front end will not use transition, it will only happen in an automation, scene or script after adding the command transition: 7 as per your above scene

transition is WORKING fine for me in scene and script with “transition: 7” my question is how can i make transition work on color picker or brightness slider ?

Like I said I don’t believe transitions work from manual entries via the front end, as far I know they only work via scenes, scripts and automations.

As far as I am aware there is not a Transition feature in the front end colour picker. This would be by design I should imagine.
You choose a colour, you want it to go that immediately.

Anything else, like transitions, delays or triggered events should be done in Script, Automation or Scenes. That is what those functions are designed for.

I would not want my front end, manual controls, cluttered with transitions.