MQTT (Nilan to hassio)

Dear community
I have been using hassio for a few years.
It goes without saying that you always want to integrate more.
I am currently trying to integrate my house ventilation into hassio via mqtt.
In the forum, I also found instructions including integration of the sensors via MQTT.
GitHub: Make your Nilan Air ventilating system way more cool :wink:
I was able to activate MQTT on hassio.
However, when I try to adjust the config file, I constantly get error messages that the configuration is not correct.
What could be the reason for this? Many thanks in advance for your expert help.
Best regards
Gregor

Unfortunately, if you don’t share the evidence, we have no way to help you find out what is wrong. :frowning:

For generic MQTT broker, integration, and test tool help, this previous post may help you:

If this helps, :heart: this post!

Good evening FloatingBoater
First of all, thank you very much for the quick feedback.
It took me a little longer to find the time to work on the project again. Maybe it’s also because I just can’t get any further with this MQTT.
To your questions:
I have installed the “Mosquitto broker” 6.1.3 on my system. Apart from trying to access my ventilation, I unfortunately don’t have any devices that actively work via MQTT. The question for me is where to place the programming codes. Maybe you can find time to have a look at the file “Make your Nilan Air ventilating system way more cool” on GitHub.
I am happy to upload my attempt to integrate the programme codes and the resulting error messages - although these are probably only due to the fact that I am saving the programme codes in the wrong place.
I hope you can help me with these first steps.
Thanks in advance and sorry again for the late feedback.
Best regards

Good evening
Tried again.
MQTT reinstalled on hassio and then copied the codes into my configurations.yaml.
Unfortunately without success.
See the error message below.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/hassio/init.py:705
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:50:17 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:50:17

[547534656256] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [climate.mqtt]: [send_if_off] is an invalid option for [climate.mqtt]. Check: climate.mqtt->send_if_off. (See ?, line ?). Invalid config for [fan.mqtt]: [payload_low_speed] is an invalid option for [fan.mqtt]. Check: fan.mqtt->payload_low_speed. (See ?, line ?).
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 202, in handle_call_service
await hass.services.async_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1738, in async_call
task.result()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1775, in _execute_service
await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/init.py”, line 705, in async_handle_core_service
raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [climate.mqtt]: [send_if_off] is an invalid option for [climate.mqtt]. Check: climate.mqtt->send_if_off. (See ?, line ?).
Invalid config for [fan.mqtt]: [payload_low_speed] is an invalid option for [fan.mqtt]. Check: fan.mqtt->payload_low_speed. (See ?, line ?).

Is it possible that the code no longer works with the current version of hassio?
Or where is my mistake?
Many thanks in advance for the support

1 Like

Hi @Lutehi-Gregor

Running into some of the same issues here, also wondering if I’m placing the files correctly.
I have limited experience with MQTT (this is the first time I have to use it).

Maybe the developer of this awesome integration @jascdk can comment here with a more detailed description of where to place the files?

1 Like