Mqtt.switch with a Tasmota RF Bridge

I currently have a Tasmota (flashed from Sonoff) RF Bridge. I have it controlling a handful of RF power switches that I had picked up years ago. I managed to “learn” the codes for power on and power off, and have it working well with mqtt. I’ve even gone as far as build scripts to turn things on and off.

I wanted to build actual “switch” functionality around the various devices though, since that’ll work quite a bit cleaner with things like Google Home. The “mqtt.switch” entity seems like it would be perfect, except I can’t figure out how to send two different command topics for on and off. For example, to switch on the light, I have this:

livingroom_tv_power_on_script:
  alias: Livingroom TV Power On Script
  sequence:
  - service: mqtt.publish
    data:
      topic: cmnd/RFBridge1_fb/RfKey7
  mode: single

To switch it back off, it is similar except the topic is cmnd/RFBridge1_fb/RfKey8 and there are no payloads. Is there any way to configure this in mqtt.switch, or do I pretty much need to copy/modify it in a custom version to support multiple command topics? I’m a bit new to all of this, so I feel like there is an obvious answer staring me in the face that I am completely missing.

Read this topic :

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, the plugs I have aren’t smart enough to actually send any state data. I can just send on or off blindly. I think mqtt.switch is going to be a lost cause for me, and instead I’ll have to use template.switch and just call the scripts.