Multi-room temp inputs to one thermostat

I’m glad to see that you’re still working on this — I stumbled across this post months ago when I was setting up HA again. Lo and behold, winter is almost here, and found this when researching a workable solution for my landlord’s Honeywell, and radiators.

I’m fairly new, so not sure how much help I can be at this stage. If I figure anything out, I’ll post here.

1 Like

This is an interesting project, and it’s nice to see some progress on it. For your case, however, have you considered using something like the Keen smart vents, which are Zigbee compatible? Seems like a good way to more directly run automations simulating zoned climate control.

1 Like

Hi @masterofthe4th have you had any progress on this? I have a similar issue. Our apartment has a single AC unit that powers the AC in the master bedroom, living+kitchen, and baby’s room. I am using a honeywell T9 with sensors in each area. Nonetheless, I’d be interested in having more control in HA. Main issue we have is half of the apartment is receiving more sun throughout the day, and therefore the kitchen (not a main issue) and the baby’s room tends to be much warmer than the living room and the master. Master is always much cooler, and baby is mostly too warm…

It is a bit improved by forcing the honeywell with the Master + Baby as active sensors at night (I believe it thinks no rooms are occupied when everyone is asleep)… I would love to try flair or other smart vents but Flair dont make vents that fit our install yet… (anyone know any other smart vent options?)

If I could control the weight of different rooms at different times I think I’d have a better system… Please let us know what your project looks like now, it seems like it would be a good starting point for me to experiment.