Multiple Buttons - Broadlink

I just started using Home Assistant yesterday and I think it’s amazing :slight_smile:

I have got my Broadlink RM3 Mini Working,
However I want to have multiple buttons rather than just an On and Off,

What would be the best way to achieve this, for example my Lutron Rania IR remote has
On
Off
Dimmer +
Dimmer -
Scene

Also I only require the “virtual state” for On and Off

Currently I have a row of On and Off switches, which doesn’t look very elegant.

Cheers

Hi

Did you find a solution? I’m also searching the the same kinda option for MQTT controlled LED with only tree stages of light (15%, 50% and 100%) or “Up” and “Down”.

Hi,

No nothing yet, I have been messing with other parts of it as I was struggling with this.

The easiest method I’ve found to replace all those lightning bolt on/off switches is to create some simple scenes for options like On/Off or Mute buttons. Since the Broadlink devices can’t track the state of devices it also removes the annoyance of showing an item as on or off when the opposite is the case.

In terms of scenes, your best bet is probably an input select dropdown that runs automations of what you want to change.

1 Like

I have a Broadlink too.

I am now leaning towards leveraging the “floorplan” card setup to emulate the keys on a remote.

see https://community.home-assistant.io/t/floorplan-for-home-assistant/17394/218

You will need to draw your image and attach actions to the buttons using html/css.

Hi everybody !

I’m really interresting by OpenSaysMe’s solution !!
But I don’t understand what you explain :pensive:

(and if you could explain me how to show a dimmer below your lamps…)

Could you give me an example please ?

thank you !!

I lost a bunch of files and started from scratch so I don’t have all the examples from that image, but they’re pretty straightforward. When you make a broadlink switch where both on and off are the same IR command and want to make it a one “Power” button, just make a scene.

scene:
  - name: TV Power
    entities:
      switch.tv_onoff: on

For switching between systems, you best method is to create switches for every button press you need in the process to move from one console/htpc/sound system/etc… and then make a script that runs through those button presses in order. For example, on my remote when I want to switch my HDMI input TV from my computer running Kodi to the Raspberry Pi running Retropie, I have to hit the down button (to reset my tv setting) then hit input, hit the down button 4 times to get to the right HDMI port and hit enter. So to get Home Assistant to duplicate that, your script would look like

tv_retropie:
  sequence:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      data:
        entity_id: switch.tv_down
      data:
        entity_id: switch.tv_input
      data:
      data:
      data:
      data:
      data:
        entity_id: switch.tv_enter

If you did want to make a drop down menu, just follow the input select tutorial on Home Assistant and create automations for each device that when that device is selected from the drop down, run the appropriate script.

Thank you !!