Multiple HA instances now possible?

I haven’t been following HA for a while, since my system is pretty stable. I would very much like to install HA at a 2nd location, but in the past that hasn’t been possible since the Android app can’t connect to two instances. I know work was underway on this topic, but I haven’t been able to find out if it now works. Does anyone know??

Thanks!

1 Like

You can link the two HA instances into a single one using an integration that ships with HA.

If this does not work, then you can also use an Android app that allows you to have a “separate work profile” in your main profile, which lets you create another “instance” of the HA Companion app to control two different HA instances this way. 5 Easy Ways to Create a Separate Profile for Work on Android - TechWiser has some info in it.

2 Likes

Do you know what the integration is called? I didn’t see anything obvious in the list. It doesn’t sound ideal, but I might try it.

Oops I was wrong, it’s not built-in. It’s a HACS-available component.

If all you want is to govern multiple discrete HA instances from your handy, strongly recommend Shelter | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository instead.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

You can do this too

Here’s the relevant feature request opened 3 years ago

Unfortunately the HA team building the Android app decided to lock it because it was a popular thread so there’s been no public activity since then, you can’t even react to the thread to show your interest anymore lol.

Really sucks, Apple users have the feature though.

Any updated solution about this matter? Also is it possible to use 2 instance under one nabu casa account?

Yeah, the app handles multiple instances pretty seamlessly now.

Nope, you have to pay for each. Haven’t done it yet myself, but I believe you have to setup a completely separate account too.

1 Like

Do you mean that it handles multiple instances seamlessly on iOS? I’m not seeing anything like that on Android (feel free to teach me if I’m wrong, though!).

Yes, also the android app does:

1 Like

Yep, as @pdsccode showed you just add them. And at least on Android, you can just use a 3-finger swipe to quickly swap between them.

1 Like

I’m very happy to have been incorrect. Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction!

1 Like

Man thanks so much for that link. Been trying to figure out how to enable work profile on my pixel for months.

Hey Everybody. Trying to link two home assistant instances connected to the same zero tier network but I get “failed to connect to server” on the main instance.

I followed the setup instructions on both instances for remote homeassistant

Has anybody tried ?