Multiple Harmony Hubs in HA?

Did you remove all the stuff for the test? Like the long lived access token? From amazon side?

Yes. The long lived access token was deleted from HA and in amazon it’s in the config.json which is in the code so when i deleted the Lambda stuff that was all removed as well. As far as I know.

I’m talking about inside the environment variables for the lambda function

Also, are you using your own self signed certs?

Haaska config doesn’t use any environment variables in it’s setup. The standard URL, token, debug, ssl_verify, etc are stored in the config.json.

but the lambda func you posted before is not haaska’s lambda function. That’s what is used for alexa smart home.

Yes but perhaps I misunderstood but thought you asked me if I removed my old haaska install. And I tried doing the above and it’s not working. So was answering your questions about what I thought you were asking which was removing the original haaska stuff.

No I have both running (because i was too lazy to remove haaska when i switched), they don’t interfere.

I’m talking about your environmental variables for alexa smart home skill

Yes I tried having and not having the token. Also my cert is a GoDaddy cert specifically for my URL that HA runs on. Don’t recall if you asked if i unlinked and relinked but never worked so in the Alexa mobile app never linked. Thanks

So this is a self signed cert?

Trying to figure out how to answer this. So will just say no it is not a self signed cert.

If that’s the case then you need to have the correct setting for the NOT_VERIFY_SSL environment variable. That should be set to FALSE.

Went thru it all over again and added the NOT_VERIFY_SSL as False. Not sure if case matters but saw in the original document True was title case so stuck with that. Same deal. I have heard some people say Amazon doesn’t support a port other than 443 but that would just be sad in this day and age. I have something else listening on 443 so have my SSL for HA running on 8123. Not sure if that’s the issue as the login to HA comes up and I know it passes because if I type in bogus credentials it fails but after sitting for a few seconds give the unable to link message. Be nice if there was a place to see what it’s saying. or why it’s failing. Have DEBUG set to True.

Thought I’d follow up on this and also ask a different related questions.

So my issue was 443. Amazon will only allow the connection over 443. Not 8123. I had to setup a reverse proxy which wasn’t easy as I already had one device using 443 plus a VPN connection in and took a while to figure out how get it all working with additional SSL certs and the like.

OK, so it’s been working for a while now, the back and forth of asking Alexa something and it happening isn’t instant but works. Does anyone know if anyone has used this to control the Harmony Hub? Instead of using the two Harmony skills, as I do not want to have to say “Alexa, ask Harmony to…” which is what some of the commands require in the secondary skill. Curious if anyone has been able to program things and send those commands to Alexa so you could fully control your home entertainment system thru Lambda connection.

I interfaced everything to home assistant, made template switches for my harmony activities, and only exposed those to alexa.

I’m goiing to try and go down that route, part I’ll be interested in is how you expose to alexa to change channels on the TV to different numbers but take my Denon receiver:

- platform: template
  switches:

zone_1:
      value_template: "{{ is_state('media_player.media_player.denon_x2200w', 'on') }}"
      turn_on:
        service: media_player.turn_on
        entity_id: media_player.denon_x2200w
      turn_off:
        service: media_player.turn_off
        entity_id: media_player.denon_x2200w

It comes up turned off on an entity card. I flip the switch and my Denon turns on. This is without Alexa right now. But the switch goes back to the off state and never turns on. Few minutes later it’s still off so isn’t reflecting the state of the device. Thoughts?

Also note if I say, well the switch is off but the Denon is on, so let me flick the switch, it doesn’t turn off.

You have an extra media_player. in your entity_id

Yeah I just noticed that to. It was kind of odd as it did turn on the device but going into the developer screen and looking at zone_1 showed off. So why it triggered it on to begin with was odd.

By the way, is there a way beyond the Denon that presents itself as a media_player to see the status of my TV or XBox 360? My TV is not wired so assume it is tracked in the Harmony Hub, just not sure how to pull that info.