My combination Manual Alarm (YAML) and Node-RED alarm (and MORE!) - example, and looking for constructive criticism

Thank you @PickleSlice !

1 Like

For reference, here’s what my Routines tab looks like in Node-Red. The routines control the alarm, and anything else I want to happen in relation to time of day and user location to the house.

3 Likes

You can share the code ":slight_smile:

Oh boy, that’ll be an ordeal.

I’ll have to go through and make sure that there’s no personal info, but I can post it for educational purposes. Might give people a good place to start with understanding all of this.

Alright, here it is. After going through it, it’s an absolute mess, but it works as it is posted. This is what flows look like as you add to them periodically over the years…I need to rewrite all of this, but maybe this will stand as a way for people to see how I do it, right or wrong.

There’s more than alarm related stuff in here, but a lot of it is time related and alarm related so I just left it all.

I went through and modified anything that was personal (PIN codes, etc) but if you see something I missed, please do the decent thing and let me know.

Here’s the Gihub raw link. I’m happy to answer any questions.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KrunkKracker/my-ha-config/master/Node-RED_routines_tab

1 Like

Thanks for this great post. It came after I started but its given me food for thought.

I upgraded my wired burglar alarm last week to a konnected board. I only have 1 door sensor and 3 motion sensors.

All is working great and I have node red and presence working via mobile phones and it sets the alarm when the last person leaves the house and when someone arrives home.

Bedtime mode kicks in when the TV is turned off 6 minutes after the TV is turned off at night and sets the alarm in Night Mode.

Im just struggling of a way to turn off the alarm in a morning. I dont want it turning off at a certain time because we start work at different times.

I was thinking about using the alarm time in the HA App as a way to disarm the alarm when it goes off or buying an aqara motion sensor in the 3rd floor sensor and when movement after 5am to turn off.

Has anyone else used any other ways to disarm on a morning automatically ?

Thanks again

Martyn

PS Im using a MP3 for internal sound on my alexas. I tried the amazon sounds but they were too short and I wasnt sure if there was a way to get it to repeat without it stopping. My mp3 is 19 seconds long.