My experience in converting from Deconz to Zigbee2mqtt

Thanks for the reply. Are you using dongle “E”” or “P”? Did you flash with which firmware?

About the backup, do you use the backup function within z2m or copy the container folder manually?

AFAIK I just have the “normal” -e type. My zigbee2mqtt run’s in a LXC container and the dongle’s configuration is backed up to the local (virtual) file-system that get’s snap-shot every day. That way if all burns down… I can still get the network up and running again with a new dongle and backup.

Thank you for the answer.

I have a QNAP that runs docker containers, can i reach same setup? I know that LXC container get deprecated support on QNAP container station’s.

How you automate backup snapshot? I had couple of power failures in the past and restoring is a total priority.

Regards

proxmox has scheduled (snapshot) backups out of the box. So that’s easy :wink:

You could do more or less the same with qnap (and docker). I’m pretty sure, although I myself switched from QNAP to Synology.

Ok clear, two question:

Why isnt the zigbee2mqtt folder backup enough? I did a teat and restoring from backup on another hassio worked. Why need to have a promox snapshot?

What the advantage synology vs qnap?

Thanks

The chip content get’s backed-up to the folder and the folder get’s snapshot. That way the backup of the zigbee chip is stored in an other (safer) place. If for whatever reason the zigbee2mqtt container get’s destroyed I can rebuild it. If the zigbee stick craps out I can restore it.

You don’t need al the fail-safe’s but I get the sort-of for free, so I use them. It’s the same with my Hass config. All files go into git, but I also snapshot the whole machine.

Thank you for your input. The migration was successful. :slight_smile:
The sensor you linked is a Wi-Fi sensor. Did the seller change the product or are you using this exact one?