My Garden Irrigation

@jgosnell do you how can I fix the duration time that telegram sent?
I use the telegram script from this thread but the msg tells me that the total cycle will be 0 minutes
Did you try it?
Thanks

Unfortunately I cannot help with that. I use push notifications with the HA Android app instead of Telegram.

Anyone done sensor.irrigation_weather_outlook with smart weather. Could you post your yaml for that sensor. Or with any other weather integration except dark sky as i cant get an API key. Thanks

I was not able to use SmartWeather for that sensor since there is no description provided in the API for my local stations. I have had to use several weather integrations to get all the data I need for my HA cards. The outlook or description actually comes from the NWS integration.

- platform: template
    sensors:
      irrigation_weather_outlook:
        value_template: >
          {{ state_attr('weather.kmdq_daynight', 'forecast')[0].detailed_description }}

Hi all,
I’ve been trying to digest info from this thread but it is REALLy long! So apologies for the basic questions, but just trying to figure out if it makes sense to keep going with this (very impressive tool - so props for creating it!).

I am growing in a veggies in vertical gardens in a greenhouse (and have a bunch of other plants around too). The vertical gardens are set up for drip irrigation, so I am setting up a system to control it. The goals are (a) being able to go on vacation without killing my plants, (b) be able to start with a single zone and expand as I figure out how to water rest of greenhouse, and © avoiding flooding the place from some malfunction of irrigation.

While I have a Tempest smart weather station at home, the biggest factor it seems to me is the temp inside the greenhouse, which can get over 110 F! I have a temp sensor in the greenhouse publishing the temp via MQTT and getting picked up in HA.

A couple questions:

• It seems that this system calculates evapotransporation. Is it correct that it adjusts watering schedule in response to changes in temp? (rainfall not relevant inside the greenhouse, so just care about temp)
  • It seems from the Smart Weather config or perhaps some other adjustments that I should be able to change the weather the tool uses to my local temp sensor, correct?

Any other pointers on this or other irrigation packages that make sense would be much appreciated!

Really sorry but as I said above I have no spare time for HA at the moment.

But, really quickly as I don’t want you to waste your time…

No, not exactly. I use a simple algorithm I created a couple of years ago that is way more basic than looking at evapotranspiration.

There is another system on the forum that does do some sophisticated calculations though

And…

If I understand the question correctly, yes.

Hello, did any of you had problems with disk space filling very fast after installing the Garden Irrigation scripts?
Yesterday I noticed that my HA container is 80 Gb!!!
I did a backup and then a Wipe & Restore but now my RPi4 is unresponsive.
I fear I must completely wip my SSD and reinstall everything from scratch…
Later edit1: I did the whole reinstallation from scratch, then I restored my latest snapshot but hassio seems to be stuck in a loop, some pages I can see and some not, it keeps saying that it wants to start and to have patience but it doesn’t work.
At first I thought maybe the snapshot does not contain some folders like hacs or the addons but actually it also restored them, so I am totally confused and don’t know what to do.
More than this my Rpi4 is totally unresponsive as it tries continuously to load hassio I guess …

I have not had this happen.

Since my latest post I tried 2 times to reinstall everything and restore my backup but still it fails.
I had a version of the Irrigation from before the update of hass.io and I did a Wipe & Restore of a full backup which should restore everything from the backup, but if this is copied on top of a newer hass.io probably it is not ok.
Anybody who did a restore on top of a newer hass.io, any suggestion how to do it so that it does not break everything?

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance but firstly I want to express my appreciation for this project Klogg, I can see there’s a lot of time and care spent developing this irrigation app :+1:.

I’ve successfully implemented this and for the most part, it’s working without issue. I can kick off a manual watering of one of my three zones without an issue but I can’t seem to get the schedule to work. I have read through this post but no one seems to have suffered the same problem, I’ve done all the normal troubleshooting activities, checked logs, updated HA Integrations also double-checked my installation of the irrigation app (version 2) but can’t put my finger on the issue.

Things I have tried with setting the watering schedule

• Set actual time for the next day selected morning and night but the schedule doesn’t kick in)
  • Set -120 minutes before sunrise and 120 minutes after sunset but still, the schedule won’t activate

I’m currently running version 0.116.4 on HassOS 4.14

Any suggestion to solve my issue would be most appreciated
Thanks, Nick

Hello, Nick, im trying to make the tutorial,im problems with the translate, i see that you make the instalation correctly, can you give me some help?

regards.

Hi Robertofz1981,
I will try and help but my configuration still isn’t correct and I am still trying to work out what is going on. I still working on getting my schedule to turn on when I want.

But that aside what seems to be your issue?

Thanks, tried follow the tutorial and when i include the package in the code and the theme, but when i save the code and see if is correct in verfication of the server i do nothing.

#################################################################
## Home Assistant - Core Configuration
#################################################################

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

homeassistant:

packages: !include /config/packages/my_package

browser_mod:

lovelace_gen:

lovelace:
  mode: yaml

frontend:
  themes: !include /config/themes/

lovelace:
  resources:
    - type: module
      url: browser_mod.js
      url: /hacsfiles/mini-graph-card/mini-graph-card-bundle.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-card-mod/card-mod.js
      url: /hacsfiles/button-card/button-card.js
      url: /hacsfiles/config-template-card/config-template-card.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-layout-card/layout-card.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-state-switch/state-switch.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-hui-element/hui-element.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-time-picker-card/time-picker-card.js
    - url: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald
      type: css
    - url: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Dosis
      type: css. ```

Hi Robrtofz1981,

I’m not an expert at reading yaml and my config looks a little different from what’s posted at a quick glance I can see you have defined Lovelace twice

maybe hash out the first one and see if that makes a difference

#lovelace:
 # mode: yaml

frontend:
  themes: !include /config/themes/

lovelace:
  resources:
      url: browser_mod.js
      url: /hacsfiles/mini-graph-card/mini-graph-card-bundle.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-card-mod/card-mod.js
      url: /hacsfiles/button-card/button-card.js
      url: /hacsfiles/config-template-card/config-template-card.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-layout-card/layout-card.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-state-switch/state-switch.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-hui-element/hui-element.js
      url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-time-picker-card/time-picker-card.js
    - url: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald
      type: css
    - url: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Dosis
      type: css. ```

If I’m giving incorrect advice please pick me up as I’m still getting my head around home assistance

Thanks

1 Like

It’s possible you share your configuration file with me and the folder structure? My email is [email protected].

Hi All,

Further to my earlier post, I was going over the logs and found the following

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.irrigation_triggered
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:395
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:37:26 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:37:26 PM
Error rendering variables: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'now'

I’m thinking this could be the reason why my weekday and weekend schedules are not working as intended

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks, Nick

Hi Robertofz1981,

I have sent you an email, one with the config and the other with screenshots, hopefully this helps

Thanks, Nick

hey @cjj sorry for my late replay. My component (Smart Irrigation - save water by precisely watering your lawn/garden) calculates evapotranspiration, and that can take either weather forecasts, actual sensor measurements or any mixture of those.

HA newb here I setup all perquisites but now am lost as to what to do next. I am using hass.io and installed everything via hacs I can see the .yaml files in file editor but dont know how to apply the changes setup lovelace etc. Is there a guide for getting from prerequisites to working setup

Hassio verson 0.118.2

Have any of you had the problem of irrigation starting on the correct time but not on the correct day selected? I had Mondays wednesdays and Fridays selected however this morning saw the garden has been watered.

Any ideas please?