My Garden Irrigation

PLEASE READ THIS

I’ve just seen the new version (2) of browser_mod.

The Garden Irrigation package makes extensive use of browser_mod and I have no doubt at all that if you choose to upgrade browser_mod it WILL break the Garden Irrigation.

I will not be able to upgrade my browser_mod for AT LEAST two weeks and then I will need some time to make all the necessary changes to the package (and I think it will be a lot!) but when I do, I will post a new set of files.

You have been warned :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for reply @shakin89

Unfortunately i’ve an issue with schedule.
If i run in manual mode all work as it should. If i run in automatic mode (with schedule) it doesn’t work.
This is my actual configuration:

What’s wrong?
I’ll wait to install browser_mod v.2 …too problems for me :wink:
Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

Thanks for the warning.

Hi,
i’m here again.
Is there anyone help me with Garden irrigation add-on?
Because it works in manual mode but not in automatic mode.
Which could it be the issue?

Time sensor is configured:

Like sun sensor:

input_text users not configured but i don’t know how:

Thanks again,

Alessandro

Uh yes, i can confirm this. With Browser Mod 2 no popup is working anymore in the irrigation system :frowning: and I think you can not revert back. I´m looking forward for a fix and thanks for your great work!

I didnt see this warning and updated to browser mod v2. You can not revert back from hacs but you can do it manually.

Delete <your config dir>/custom_components/browser_mod/ folder from Home Assistant

Download this file https://github.com/thomasloven/hass-browser_mod/archive/refs/tags/1.5.3.zip

copy the contents of custom_components/browser_mod/ from the downloaded zip to <your config dir>/custom_components/browser_mod/.

restart home assistant, you may may need to clear you browser cache to get it to work again.

1 Like

Oh, that did the trick. My plants and me are thanking you!

https://github.com/kloggy/HA-Irrigation-Version2/files/9545895/lovelace.zip

I have changes all the files I believe are required to make this compatible with browser mod v2.

you need to copy the files from the zip into <your config dir>/lovelace/ folder and overwrite the existing files.

Then restart

Let me know if you find anything still not working.

P.S make sure to clear browser cache

Edit:
browser mod v1 to v2

1 Like

works perfectly! it even has removed some errors i got^^

:+1: good to hear.

1 Like

I have a issue. I use your files but when I click it shows me only the title and not the rest. What can I do?

Thanks

Please post a screenshot to better understand whats happening.

Also was it working fine on browser mod v1?

works in my case also perfectly. maybe stick to the installation instructions of browser mod v2 if you get errors: GitHub - thomasloven/hass-browser_mod: 🔹 A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity - and also an audio player

This is what happen. I Uninstalled browser mod 1 completely before install v2.

Oh on your phone its like that I didn’t check that before!. I tried it on my phone now and nothing was popping up at first.

What I did to fix it was, in the HA app goto setting > companion app > enable webview remote debugging, then fully close down Home assistant app and started it up again and it worked.

Im not sure if that is the best way to do it but basically I wanted my HA app to clear the cache as that is always the cause of these issues.

After that turn off webview remote debugging

Thank you, but the problem persist. I have the problem on the phone but also on the pc

In you home assistant side menu open browser mod. do you have the green tick at the top right.

Yes I have. I copied the code from yaml to developer - > services
And launching the service from there, everything works fine. I don’t know why in the front-end doesn’t work

Thx a lot. Works great with me, once I did a full deinstallation of Browser mod V1, first in HA-> Settings-> integration-de-install , then de-installation in HACS (via the 3 dot icon) , removed browser_mod from configuration.yaml , restart HA and clear the cache. Then standard install of browser_mod

I’m not sure what else more to suggest.

If you want you could revert back to browser_mod v1 as I mentioned here My Garden Irrigation - #1632 by ahmaddxb

Then you could overwrite your files back from the original github project GitHub - kloggy/HA-Irrigation-Version2