My Garden Irrigation

Hello everybody,

is there a step by step guide to irrigation?

I don’t really know where to start.
The HA irrigation version 2 documentation is not that great.

I have two rainbird controllers with a total of 10 cycles.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the support of the second Rainbird controller.
thank you.

The Readme and Prerequisites of this project are really well done.
Take some time to read them better…

Hi i have a issue with the updated item_cycle_start_time.yaml below, when i switch back to the previous version item_cycle_start_time.yaml all is working ok, and can’t work out why its not loading the new file and everything checks out ok in the HA logs ?

New version item_cycle_start_time.yaml view.

Previous item_cycle_start_time.yaml, loaded with all the new files minus the updated item_cycle_start_time.yaml which works fine.

Think i may of jumped the gun as there are now some package files to up load, we let you know once i have upload all the files…

All sorted now by uploading the rest of the files from packages doh …

Hi @klogg

I’m getting this strange issue when using the sliders to select the irrigation time

Schermata 2020-07-14 alle 15.59.56

This is happening from 10 days or more.

What can I check ?

Thanks

Yes so am I…

2 Likes

Hello, I pulled the latest modifications from klogg, should these fix the History?
For me it still does not work…

Just check my message, if the code in garden_controller.yaml has been updated.

Do you have a github repository where I can pull this commit from?
I had the impression it is integrated in klogg’s

No, I don’t have any github repo, I just modified the code locally…

Then please make one! Joking. It is really useful to keep track of modifications and move them between users.
Probably it also makes people dumber as they can use things without thinking so much about what they really do and how they work.
LE: actually klogg integrated this as I pulled from his repo, but still not working for me.
Maybe I’m testing it wrong.

This is the Logbook, I start manually for 7 minute my zone1 - pump, 2 minute my zone2 - onboard_led.

I see now that at some point both my pump and on_board_led become unavailable, could this be the cause why the history is not working ok?? LE: moved my ESP32 close to the router, but still history is not working.

I’ve just downloaded new version from repo and installed without any modification and it’s working for me.

When watering, check value of input_text.irrigation_zoneX_switch_entity_id where X is the zone number that is actually watering, it should contain the real name of your switch that control that pump.
And check also the value of sensor.irrigation_sensor_zoneX_switch corresponding to that zone, that should be ‘on’ during irrigation.

Hi @Klogg,

Sunrise is only available…

Sunset offset of any type gives me a morning time, not an evening.

package/ garden_irrigation_cycle_update_start_time.yaml

should lines 67 and 127 refer to sun setting not sun rising?

Yes, I believe they should, Thanks, I’ll update GitHub.

Thanks.

input_text.irrigation_zoneX_switch_entity_id is ok
sensor.irrigation_sensor_zoneX_switch is nok, if update it manually from the Developer Tools to on, then the history is also updated accordingly.
Any idea where should I look?

Can you show the automation Irrigation Synchronise Sensor Zone Switches in the file garden_controller.yaml in your package folder?

Ok, new error this morning.

Hi @klogg a little idea to better organize your project.
Is is possible you insert all file actually saved in “package” folder, to a subfolder like “my_garden_irrigation”?

Why?

Cause people mainly use “packages” folder to insert other packages from web…
So it will better organized if you migrate from:

package/file1.yaml
 package/file2.yaml
 package/...

to:

package/my_garden_irrigation/file1.yaml
 package/my_garden_irrigation/file2.yaml
 package/my_garden_irrigation/... (others file)

to prevent mixing files from other packages…

Also, most of tutorial on internet refer to “packages” folder (with s) (used with include_dir)… instead you use “package”.

Changing to “packages” and using sub directory maybe can help people with only a drap/drop from zip to root to update it, without problem and more fast.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the state of

input_select.irrigation_cycle1_start_time_type

in Dev Tools?