My Garden Irrigation

@klogg it took me a while to figure out, but your garden_irrigation.yaml on GitHub is a duplicate of globals :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well… I have no idea how I managed that!!
Thanks for pointing it out.
garden_irrigation.yaml is now as it should be!

Did you recently copy it from GitHub?
As you’ll see from @Tjeerd I uploaded a file incorrectly. It should be ok now if you want to copy it again.

Yes, I uploaded the duplicate code and had to delete it, but I thought it was a duplication and left only one alive, what I did not think is that a whole piece of code was missing because of that. It looks like my coding skills were not so rusty and my self confidence has finally come back to decent levels. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Great thanks for pointing that out.

Just wanted to give a huge thanks for the work and effort put into this. Managed to get it running yesterday and it’s working like champ! Thanks!

1 Like

Mmm… My schedules stopped working about 1 week ago, possibly after I updated to HA 0.97.2.
Are your schedules still working?

I noticed that my afternoon cycle was stuck in running state, even if no valve was opened. This even after updating to the latest hassio version today and rebooting.
Manually starting an afternoon cycle stopped it. I tried to run a schedule and it looks OK now.

I don’t use GitHub in the way it is supposed to be used. I simple copy my config there whenever I make any changes. I have recently uploaded some new files that made a few minor coding improvements and improved the weather adjustments (which I now use and seem to work quite well). Also I discovered that the sonoff pulsetime settings weren’t correct if using weather adjustments. I don’t use the schedules unless I am on holiday so the last time I did that was early June and they worked well.

However as proved by the recent cock-up with the duplicate globals.yaml file that @Tjeerd found, my copying might not always have been perfect.

I will copy all my files up again so hopefully that will resolve any issues (wait a little while after this post for me to do it)…

EDIT: Files all uploaded.

I always use irrigation everyday. Yesterday i tried to set irrigation from EVERYDAY to ALTERNATE. UI tell me next irrigation day was 7 sept at 19:00 (it is right) … But today (6 sept) irrigation started at 19:00… Anyone this same problem?

Sorry, this got lost as I was away for a while.

I’ll be honest and say I have never used alternate days but I had a quick look and can see no reason why it didn’t work and whilst it was well over a year ago I am sure I must have tested it back then :wink:

Is it still a problem?

No problem. Now my system is off until next season :wink:

Same here. Speak to you next spring.
Have a good winter!
:slight_smile:

Sorry it’s taken so long, I have been crazy busy. Here are a couple of photos to show my hardware install. It’s simply a weatherproof enclosure with a 24Vac power supply, a bridge rectifier, a switchmode power supply, a NodeMCU and two dual channel relay boards. I mounted the PCB’s using nylon stand-offs to a sheet of galvanised steel, cutting out a section near the NodeMCU antenna to prevent shielding / interference.

The bridge rectified provides a DC voltage from the 24Vac power supply which is then fed into the switchmode PSU to give me 5Vdc for the NodeMCU and relay control.
The 24Vac is fed to the solenoids in the garden via the relay contacts.
Since I have a bore, one of the relays is controlling a contactor to start / stop the bore. This contactor has a 24Vac coil.

I hadn’t yet tidied up the wiring in these photos.

1 Like

No problem and thank you.
I hope you mind a few questions over the next few weeks if I have any…

Hi All

Im new to home assist and love all the possibilities.

I would like some advice on how to use this files within Hassio (Cloned it from site now im STUCK lol)

Hi Everyone,

I have downloaded @klogg all your files - it is awesome. Got the ESP32 code working, uploaded all the cards, put all the files into the package/garden directory etc. etc.

But I have seem to have an issue with one of the automation scripts. When I try to go to the overview screen all I get is a blank screen. In the log files I get this:

Log Details (ERROR)

Fri Oct 11 2019 22:51:21 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Error while executing automation automation.irrigation_master_control_switch. Invalid data for call_service at pos 2: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['entity_id]
helpers/script.py[ERRORS]

Looking at the code in garden_master_control_.yaml — I think there issue is near here:

• alias: Irrigation Master Control Switch
    initial_state: ‘on’
    trigger:
    - platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.irrigation_master_control_switch
    - platform: homeassistant
    event: start

Not sure where to dig next?
Thanks in advance.

Also for me. Never digged inside the problem :slight_smile:

I just had a very quick look and the code is exactly the same as my local version which works. (Sometimes the GitHub version does get out of step with my local ‘production’ version. As I have said the GitHub version is only a snapshot in time for others to use and modify as fits their purpose).

Do you have the weather scripts in your config? Have you kept the names of the scripts the same as I wrote? The for will fail if there are no scripts with those name patterns (e.g. startswith('Irrigation - '), startswith('Irrigation Weather - ') which is possibly where your error is coming from?

Hi Klogg,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes - that particular set of lines were still active in garden_master_control.yaml.

So I commented out that particular data_template.

data_template:

entity_id: >

{% for item# in states[‘automation’] if item.name.startswith('Irrigation Weather - ') -%}

{% if not loop.first %},{% endif %}{{ item.entity_id }}

{%- endfor %}

Not sure if it will affect anything else at this point - but now I am NOT getting those errors - so that is one fix.

Now I just need to figure out why lovelace is showing nothing when it comes up. Basically, a complete blank screen except for the left menu bar.

Hmmm.
C