My Garden Irrigation

Strange, I have always 2-3 tabs of HA open in Chrome (only one with the irrigation page) on OSX and it’s always working fine

Hi @klogg,

I was able to drop version 2 of your project in one evening. I am not a programmer myself, but this looks like awesome work! Thanks for sharing.

My configuration is based on using a pump to run the zones and a Sonoff 4CH Pro which switches 4 solenoids, so I think I need to make some modifications to the configuration and add a switch.turn_on somewhere in the code. Do you have some advice on where to add this modification?

As stated before, this is real awesome work. Thank you,

I have also a Sonoff 4CH Pro and you don’t have to modify anything in the code.
You should read carefully the Readme and Prerequisites and you will see how to add your real switches entities to the project.

Lovelace_gen starts home assistant in safe mode. Can you help me ?

I solved. Everything works great. Thanks Klogg.

So finally I got it installed by going through the doc in: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bbogdanmircea/HA-Irrigation-Version2/master/HowTo.md

Unfortunately, I can not edit the switches for the cycles as well as their namens and also not the rain sensors:

Any idea how to solve it or do the switches and sensors need to be set in any conf file?

1 Like

I see that you have added your lovelace and package folders, but you also need to add your weather sensors, if you have not done this as stated, read Here and Here and Here

Have you tried on another browser, Operating System?
For me it didn’t work in Win10, but worked in Win10 and Android to modify the zones and all the browser_mod popups.
Now it works also in Win10 but I don
t know why …

Shouldn’t it be working also without any Weather Sensors, as long as you are not using them?
I also didn’t add them, and the Irrigation Cycles work, only that the History is not updating and I can’t figure why…

Yes you are right, i keep forgetting as i started way back when and you had to do a lot of the config yourself, not a drop in and go as it is now, regarding history do you have it showing in your HA logbook and history on the side bar ?

sensor.irrigation_sensor_zone1_switch
sensor.irrigation_sensor_zone2_switch
Hello, for my case these 2 entities are not commuting to on when the zones are Watering so the History is not updated.
I think the cause could be that they have the state Unavailable (maybe), is there a way to turn them on even if they are Unavailable?
I think the current automation from globals …yaml may just switch them from off to on, and on to off?
How to modify it to force them to on, indifferent of the state they are already?

Now I saw that the automation was not triggered at the last cycle that I run, if I execute it manually from Automations, then the History is also updated?

I spoke to early, it was updated all the time because the two sensor where manually set to on … but anyway the automation is never Triggered even if the Watering is running …

While testing the new uploaded file garden_irrigation_triggered.yaml it did not work for me it triggered the first zone but not the second, third or forth zone, just kept saying changing zone but nothing skips or triggers, thought i would let you no, so reverting back to the previous file.

Update.
I loaded the previous file back on and the same issue as above, i have also updated HA earlier so that me be the issues, i’m just doing a backup and revert HA to my other working backup and ill update on progress.

Update.
i reverted back to the previous HA version and all works fine as it should, upgraded again and the same issue as stated it does not trigger the othe zone, so i conclude there must be an issue with the current version: 0.113.0.

i just realised while testing is the pop up to name zone, choose weather sensors etc… are not working either.

Hello, I tried to follow instructions from here https://www.domoticadiy.it/2020/06/irrigazione-smart-my-garden-irrigation-home-assistant/ and translated from IT to EN.
I end up in the phase when I can see Irrigation tab in the left menu, but whe I click on it, I got “Unknown error”.
In the log is visible
‘Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2937146416
Source: custom_components/lovelace_gen/init.py:32
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:38:05 PM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:45:35 PM

File “/config/custom_components/lovelace_gen/init.py”, line 32, in load_yaml
stream = io.StringIO(jinja.get_template(fname).render({**args, “_global”: llgen_config}))
TypeError: ‘str’ object is not a mapping’

do you have any idea what can be wrong?

See my HowTo.md which is basically a translation of the Italian guide with some additions.
Yesterday I did again the integration following my HowTo and I can confirm that it is complete and should lead you to a working setup, but as I did not format it correctly open it in Edit mode and then copy paste the various sections to the yamls.
And btw I redid yesterday the setup on a clean new branch, but still the history does not work for me, I am at a loss here.

ok great, sounds promissing. Where I can find this file HowTo.md ? Sorry for maybe stupid question, but I’m new here. thanks

There is a direct link in kloggy’s Readme I think, or you can check my previous posts.

I can confirm andie_will5 s issue.

On Homeassistant version: 0.113.0 the Zone changing is not wirking.
I reverted to 112.4 and everything qorks like a charm.

I read the change log for HA 113.0 and there is big change with scripts, i think that may be the issue ?

Sorry I’m not answering anything here at the moment. Real life is preventing me devote as much time as I’d like to.

I was aware of the script changes last week but have had no time at all to investigate what the implications would be. I did think there might be some though because the new implementation is partly designed to allow looping scripts without the need to jump through hoops which I have had to do in this package.

I suggest not updating to 113 for the time being.

Rest assured I will look at this as soon as I can because the new script features are something I have been wanting for a long time. I have a lot of use for them in my config, but I am really sorry that I can’t promise when that will be.

I’m more than happy if anyone else looks into it before me.

3 Likes

@klogg I did a quick test - by adding “mode: parallel” just above each “sequence:” in garden_irrigation_start.yaml

In testing it does cycle through the zones as it should - I have not done extensive testing to see if it breaks anything else, but seems like a quick interim fix.

Any feedback is appreciated.

1 Like