My Garden Irrigation

Thanks, but I haven’t split my config, so the date and time sensor is in my main config.

Here is the relative sections in my configuration.yaml

Just one observation under your logbook config, i see that you have excluded date and time sensors ? wouldn’t these be needed, under my logbook config this is left empty not excluding anything, i think that they may be needed to be read by the logbook for it to have any readings, i may be wrong but worth a try deleting those from the logbook, apart from that all looks fine.

That’s just excluding them from the logbook, otherwise it clogs it up with time updates.
I’ve tried with and without anyway.

1 Like

Hi Everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has increased the number of water cycles. I would like 6+ water cycles so just trying to figure out the best way to do that or if anyone has done something like this already :).

Curt

Hey @andie_will5,

Experiencing somewhat odd behavior. I see you mention date and time sensors. I have the correct timezone selected and also have my date and time sensor set

sensor:
  - platform: time_date
    display_options:
      - 'time'
      - 'date'

Something happens during the night up until the following day. It literally only happens after the schedule is set for a day after 24 hours or a day has passed.

So yesterday morning i chose Monday as a day to irrigate and no other days of the week. I woke up this morning(Tuesday) enable and set the schedule for this morning, schedule doesn’t run.

If i select Monday(yesterday) irrigation works(note i haven’t restarted HA yet). Only after restarting HA am i able to get the schedule to run this morning.

Has anyone run into this perhaps??

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I installed my garden Irrigation and I setted up everything. I have a problem with automatic cycle. In manual mode, it works corretly. In auto mode, nothing happens. I’ve opend the yaml files and I saw this:

Any ideas?
I have core version ‘core-2021.1.4’

Thanks

I see tons of those issues throughout the config files too.
I have a similar problem and no-one seems to be able help.
Something’s broken…good luck getting help.

Hi Heinrich,

I was experiencing problems similar to yours and I almost gave up on it, but after trying everything I realized that there is already a correction made in the kloog repository that corrects this type of problem. However despite this commit it is already approved it has not yet been merged with the main code.
So it’s just you to make these small changes in the file: packages / garden / garden_irrigation_triggered.yaml that will probably work.

As can be seen in this pull request:

I hope it helped you.

Good luck!

1 Like

This solved one of my issues, thank you!

I have only one more problem now, the ‘end time’ is always the same as the ‘start time’

I wonder if it’s related. Maybe there’s another place where it’s better to ignore the seconds.

@ivanroberto
I am able to spend so little time on HA at the moment and I hadn’t even seen this. Sorry.
I will look into it as soon as I can.

@SimonPth
Are you in ‘Test mode’?

Hi Klogg

Nope, not in test mode.
The stations run their full cycles in minutes, it’s just the end time never changes and is always the same as the start time.

Thanks

Hi dear Klogg,
It is a pleasure to talk to you, your irrigation system is making a difference to my home and making my wife happier every day! Thank you!
In my case it doesn’t matter if I have the test flag enabled that I have the same problem (often the system does not activate automatically with the time).
My “Ignore schedules if it rains” flag is also disabled (but I have a “binary_sensor.raining_now” that its value is always “off”.
After I made the changes proposed by rcg99: https://github.com/kloggy/HA-Irrigation-Version2/pull/33
Things have improved, but it still happens to not activate with the programmed time, apparently there is a delay between the programmed time and the automation to notice the trigger and sometimes the minute up (+1) and then the time no longer coincides.
That’s what I think is going on … but I’m not sure.

Thanks again!

Hi all!
Thanks for this project @klogg!
I’ve a simple question. I was able to setup it and configure my zones, all works. Now I would add a rain sensor. It’s called binary_sensor.sensorepioggia_contact and it’s on state on if it’s raining and in state off if it’s not raining. It’s enough to insert it as sensor into Weather Sensors -> Raining Now ?
Then why the ‘Rainfall - Forecast Vs Actual’ is no graph show?
Thanks a lot!
Simon

Hi Simon,
I think yes, you can use your binary sensor as you describe but I don’t use this feature at all myself, I just added it as a request from someone else.
The Rainfall Graph is a graph of the amount of rain, not whether or not is raining.

Thanks @klogg for the answer. Is there a documentation or which part of the scripts should I check-modify to use the binary sensor correctly?
Thanks!
Simon

I’m afraid, probably not :blush:

I’ll do my best to find time to look into it later.

Thanks @klogg really! I know that all is for free and you’ll have probably a lot of better things to do :wink: btw in case you’re able to give me a hint, then I’ll try to do my best to understand the code and in case try to find out a way to use my binary_sensor.
Cheers!! :wink:

Yeah, there’s definitely something weird going on here.
So, along with the start time and finish time always being the same, it also seems to water on the wrong days.
I have mine set to water on Tuesdays and Fridays, but this morning (Wednesday) it started watering at 09h18.

Only after I clicked cancel did it show the “Not scheduled today” note

Looking like a time/date issue. Maybe 24hour clock vs 12hour?
No idea…But anyway, I can’t use it as it is without running the risk of getting fined by the council for watering on days that don’t apply to me.

Pity, because this is an awesome setup.

Hello @klogg again. I’ve found where / when you have implemented it, here:

Is there a way to check if the system is actually noticing it’s raining or not? My sensor is called binary_sensor.sensorepioggia_contact which has state on (raining) or off (dry). Something like a cloudy raining icon or whatever that confirms me that the sensor is read by your solution correctly.

Is in that case the whole settings about weather forecast not used (Dark Sky or whatever)? I’ve not configured it at all.

Thanks!!

Hi Michael

Did you ever sort this?
Mines doing the same.