My Garden Irrigation

Thanks Ryszard, I also had the same problem but I was unable to solve it.

Checking the garden_irrigation_triggered.yaml file the reference to the trigger_time variable is not initialized in the page.
Checking the repository with the latest update the following line is missing:

I added the instruction again and the scheduler works as before.

Thanks for reporting and sharing!

:scream:

Yes indeed.

I have no idea how or why that line got removed.
I will reinstate it.

I have no excuse. All I can say is that it has rained almost every day in May here so even if I used the schedules I have not needed to water my garden so wouldn’t have spotted it…

Hi all

I was using the modified garden_notification.yaml created in the early part of the thread using telegram bot, but since the last up date it is not working due to changes i believe, i have asked around the forum and it seems a bit of a tall order for me to get it to work as it did, sending a message when a cycle has started and after it finishes.

So what i’m asking if there is anyone out there who has a template that works that they can share pretty please :slight_smile:

Hello guys, I finally managed to solve all the errors and I was happy to have the system working regularly again … this until yesterday when I wanted to irrigate manually and I realized that the only thing that does not work is the manual start … does not give any error … it just does not start … what is the file to correct? what could be the problem ?

Hello everyone and congratulations for the work done. I have a question, I have recently sown, and I would like to keep the soil moist by soaking it for a few minutes several times a day. How could I set up the program?

i think you can do what you want with an automation, when the moisture goes undere a certain level, it fires the manual irrigation cycle.
but i don’t know how do it, you should study the code and read how it fires the irrigation cycle.

Hi All,
Anyone have any idea how to fix this? It is on all cycle pages. Has been happening intermittently but now seems to be a permanent issue.

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: RangeError: Invalid time value in 'var total_seconds = parseInt(states['sensor.irrigation_cycle3_duration_in_seconds'].state); var ...'

Edit:
I may have resolved it by editing these lines

var start_time = new Date(null);
var end_time = new Date(null);

in the Item_cycle_start_time.yaml file to

var start_time = new Date(0);
var end_time = new Date(0);

So far the page has no errors, will report back after a couple days with the long term testing results.

Hi all,

I’ve followed all the steps in the setup documentation, however the Irrigation dashboard shows up empty. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Many thanks!

Just wanted to share that the Gardena v24 valves can be control just by putting 24 VDC on the cables. I managed to buy a zigbee relais switch with 4 outputs and bought a single 240v AC to 24 VDC adapter. With this I spend 25 euro and have the same result as the Gardena smart computer. And the best part… It’s fully local and controllable with my zigbee stick. Just hit the switch and the valve opens. Hit the switch again and it’s closed.

Does anyone have a water meter connected to home assistant that shows the water used by the sprinklers. I would love to have something like that with zigbee or something

I’ve never had this issue or seen it reported and I had not written any Javascript until came to HA so I went to look up new Date again

I wonder why you are having an issue with new Date(null) because it seems that should work (and does for me and as far as I know does for everyone else) but I can see that `new Date(0) might be more robust.

Are there any Javascript programmers reading this who can shed any light on it?

Same problem

Have you defined your irrigation controller?

Any ideas what the problem could be? Irrigation dashboard shows up in side bar, however when I select it that part of the screen stays empty. No errors no codes, nothing. Also no faults in log…What can I do?

Dashboard seemed stable to a couple days but now back to the same error. Apparently these “fixes” were not the issue.

Just noticed that I was running a beta version of button-card. Downgraded back to the GA version and dashboard is fixed again. Let’s hope it stays corrected…

Hello @klogg !
Time to use your irrigation system and all seems to work perfectly! I’ve only a feature request, if not already requested and/or implemented and I don’t know.
Is there a way to schedule the irrigation every “x” days instead of in week-days? This because often happens it’s suggested to give water every 2 days.

It’s possible?

Thanks!

Simon

HI all.
I am using this irrigation till last year and everything worked like a charm till a week ago.
I updated HA at core 2021.6.5 and , apparently from this action automation works only for one day after that it stop watering it works only manually.
Start time and end time are the same Start 5:00 ( will end 5:00)
I tried to install the updated loveleace and package without success.
After I copied the new loveleace and package file all my settings was there, is there a way to start from scratch by deleting my preferences on the irrigation page?
Thank you
Andrea

Reinstalling from scratch now seems to work.

Is there a way to use a timer longer than 60 minutes? I have a line that needs 90 minutes because it use very small drops. I tried to change this in garden_global_cycle1.yaml bit doesn’t work.

irrigation_cycle1_zone1_duration_box: 
    name: Cycle 1 Zone 1 Duration
    min: 0
    max: 60
    mode: box
    unit_of_measurement: min
    icon: mdi:numeric-1-box-outline

At the moment probably not I’m afraid (although it has been a long time since I looked at the actual code, so I could be wrong).

I am currently considering ways to make the code a bit ‘lighter’ and possibly more flexible so I might be able to incorporate this at some stage.

No promises and I have no timescales as to when I will get to look at it though. Sorry.

Thank you for answering me. No worries I keep looking just in case :slight_smile: