My Home Assistant Setup

Hi all

Loving Home Assistant and still learning a lot about it but thought I would throw out my setup as it stands. Any feedback welcome.

Found a lot of great information on this forum which has helped considerably.

Cheers

Alex

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing.
Very nice setup and a great source of inspiration and useful infos for a beginner like me.

Wow, that is a fantastic setup! It’s certainly something I aspire to.

What do you use the raspi touchscreen for?

Could you post more screenshots please?

Thanks Jarrah

I am very much learning as I a go along, its a lot of fun automating stuff :slight_smile:

The Touch screen shows HA and is just for quickly seeing whats going on.

The Pi Is bolted to the back of the touch screen along with a SSD and Zwave USB stick. I don’t use SD cards as I have found them to be too unreliable.

I’ll take some shots of the screen and post them later

Cheers

Alex

Well done buddy your setup looks neat.

Just wondering what do you use Inkscape for? And how do you use it?

I’m not the original poster, but Inkscape is required for drawing the floor plans. (The picture of his house at the top).
Search for floor plan on the forum, it is really neat to have.

1 Like

very cool, but i’m concerned there’s no door to the bathroom.

im interested to know what you do with your aeotec multisensor 6. thanks

Thanks, I am still learning a huge amount. Previously I have been working with Control4 but much prefer HA :slight_smile:

I use Inkscape for modifying the svg file for floorplan. The original svg file was created using MagicPlan (http://www.magic-plan.com/magicplan/). I then use Inkscape to add sensors and the like to it.

1 Like

We smell :wink:

I did fix that a little while back but didn’t update the screenshots

Just motion at the moment as there are devices covering most of the other functions on the Aeotec. I guess its a little overkill using them just for motion but I wanted to play with some zwave devices and Amazon could deliver them quick :slight_smile:

Do you use “platform: flux_led” to control the LED strip with XCSOURCE LD686 RGB LED Strip Controller?

Yes, its buried in on of the config files

Cheers

Alex

Thanks for confirming, I found that entry within the Lights folder but wasn’t sure if the two were related. :slight_smile:

Just want to say thanks for including all the hardware links too!

The LD686 is great. I used Hue lightstrips but they are very expensive so used cheap 50/50 LEDs from Amazon and the LD686 to control them

No problem. Quite a few of the examples in the Cookbook do it (Examples - Home Assistant) so I thought I would copy the idea.

Cheers

Alex

Great setup. How do you remotely turn on and off the PCs? I have a remote Mac I would like to control.

Thanks

I copied the details from Remote Shutdown/Restart/Sleep/Hibernate PC

Obviously the software is for Windows. Remotely shutting down a Mac would be pretty easy using SSH but not support if Mac’s support WoL.