My Lovelace Plugins

It’s probably that the card-modder hasn’t loaded in yet when layout-card tries to add the cards in.

I think I can solve this, but need some time.
Meanwhile, it might work to make sure your list of resources is ordered such that card-modder is as early and layout-card as late as possible.

I suppose you sometimes get different results when you refresh the page?

Thank you for your answer, if it is to refresh the page, it will not come out, the result is the same, but switch groups and switch back, the result is good, my English is not very good, please forgive me。

Sorry is this has been asked, I searched the thread but didnt see it…

Is it possible to use toggle action with the slider? I was using a glance card before the sliders and I would just tap the light to come on or shut off. If I hit the bulb on the left of the slider it brings up the more info box. I tried adding the ‘tap_action: toggle’ but it didnt work.

Thank you.

You can add a toggle, as described in the readme on github.

You can’t toggle the light by pressing the row, though. That’s not supported by the entities card at this point.

Thanks for the reply. I must be blind, I went through the github before posting and again just now. The only mention of toggle I could find is the header toggle, is that what you are referring too? I was hoping to be able to touch the bulb to the left of the slider.

There’s this in the sample screenshot:

And the corresponding section in the sample code:

There’s also the example right below that one, where the slider and toggle are separated onto different rows.

Geez, my bad. Thank you.

card-tools

Here’s something for you other plugin developers out there!
It’s kind of my secret cookbook, a bunch of convenient functions packed together and reusable.
I plan to make most of my plugins depend on this over the next few days or so.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I can no longer edit the first posts of this thread to add plugins to the list, or update descriptions of changed ones.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best course of action?

I’m thinking perhaps I should start over with a new thread and ask a moderator to add a link in the (now locked) top post to the new one…
Either that, or trying to split the thread again, making one thread for each plugin.
Or perhaps move to an entirely different medium.

What do you think?

Edit: This issue has been resolved :slight_smile:

ask a dev to give you the rights to change the first posts.
i know its possible, i saw today that they did it for someone with another project.

I just pushed an update to layout-card that I believe should fix this.

The updated version also requires card-tools to be installed.

I’ve got a problem using card-modder. I have some cards that have background as part of the card, so I’m not using card-modder to add a background. The problem I have is that when using border-radius for a rounder corner card, the background overlays the border and is not trimmed off, so the card still looks like it has square edges.

Any ideas?

I’d have to look at the specific cards to be able to say…

This is what I have.

- id: 5e9c3cb535134b9e9192d8f07bde03d8  # Automatically created id
    type: custom:card-modder
    card:
      type: custom:mini-media-player
      entity: media_player.chromecast3206
      name: Chromecast
      artwork: cover
      hide_power: true
      hide_volume: true
      show_source: false
      show_progress: true
      scroll_info: true
      consider_idle_after: 10
      background: "/local/lovelace/devices/chromecast2.jpg"
    style:
      border-radius: 10px
      border: solid 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.3)
      box-shadow: 3px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)

and this is what I see. You can see the corners where the rounded border it, but the image overlays it.

card

and a close-up of another card.

corner

After checking the code, it seems the author of mini-media-player chose to add the background as an image floating on top of the card rather than as an actual card background. Not much that card-modder can do about this, unfortunately…

Hmm. What am I looking for to find where it’s floated? I couldn’t work it out in the code, but may have overlooked it.

Well… it’s not really floating as such… but it’s a separate div https://github.com/kalkih/mini-media-player/blob/master/mini-media-player.js#L177

card-modder tries to style to ha-card element, and anything that’s on top of it will go unmodified. Setting the background using card-modder instead should work.
Or you could modify the source and add a border radius here too: https://github.com/kalkih/mini-media-player/blob/master/mini-media-player.js#L829-L836

Thanks mate. Not sure about modifying mini-media-player, I think I’ll contact the developer, but for my own card I made, I edited my CSS file and moved the background image to ha-card {background: url(bkg.jpg);} and has fixed it up.

Thanks mate.

Oh, thank you very much. You’re my lucky star.

While working on making my cards leverage the many benefits of card-tools, I realized I could add the templating from useful-markdown-card to card-modder…

- type: custom:card-modder
  style:
    background-image: "url(http://www.place[[ input_select.background.state ]].com/500/250)"
  card:
    type: entities
    entities:
      - input_select.background

template-card-modder

4 Likes