My Lovelace Plugins

lol. indeed…

if anything, would you care to add some documention on the allowed basic html options, like coloring the text and setting weight or style?

Think experimenting with this would be of use for users of your card:

- type: custom:useful-markdown-card
    content: >
      Weersverwachting <font color=var(--secondary-text-color)>[[ sensor.vandaag.state ]]</font>: <font color='blue'>
                [[ sensor.dark_sky_daily_summary.state ]]![39|420x103] </font>

not sure yet how the line breaks work, and if we can set the background directly?

Of course I read the message…
I need to install card-tool for fold entity row now? New requirement?

Please can you share the images in png format? I’d like to reproduce your card, but cannot find those images…

Hi Thomas,
Already on latest 84.x version - so it must be something else?

Actually the js files update just fine, what doesn’t update is the ?v=x.x.x string at the end of your resources. E.g.,

resources:
  - type: js
    url: /local/tracker-card.js?v=0.1.5

So custom_updater will download the new files just fine, but it won’t update the config file to reflect the new version. So you have two choices, well, three really:

1. Stop using custom_updater and do everything manually
  2. Use custom_updater and manually change the version strings when a card is updated (Using the “Edit Raw Config” option).
  3. Use yaml mode for lovelace, then everything works as it did before, but you lose the ability to use the GUI lovelace editor

Thanks… Makes sense.
I don’t know yet, whether I should go with one or the other.

I’ve added the yaml config to the configuration.yaml file.
So for now I still operates the ‘old way’.
If I wanted to test the new GUI, could I then just remove the yaml conf line and then test it, and then if I want to go back just add the yaml line in the conf again?

I did try to check if there was some screenshots or videos of the new gui and how it works. But unfortunately I haven’t been able to locate it.

sure,
here you go:
weather_card

1 Like

This is the option I use.

Yes. Just remember when you go back to yaml mode, any changes you make in the ‘new’ .storage will not be reflected in the old yaml file - you will need to manually add them. When you switch from yaml to the new .storage, you can copy and paste the whole old yaml file in again in the raw editor and it will recreate the correct .storage file.

The most practical way is to pick one approach and stick with it. It seems to me that the new config is the future so I’m sticking with storage.

Exactly. I was just nervous that if something went wrong that I wasn’t able to go back, at least during the transition.
Will give it a shot, and then I will just manually edit the version string in my custom components. Just a routine that needs to be added.

1 Like

Which could be the name of the two images? I renamed them weather-background-above_horizon.png and weather-background-below_horizon.png but they don’t work…

yes, that’s what I use. Maybe check your path?

I double checked and this is the path to the two images: url("/local/weather-background-[[ sun.sun.state ]].png")
it means /configdir/www/ exact?

That’s why light groups exist.

1 Like

yes that is /local/
the rest should be the same

And this is what i put in the code… but no image is shown…

- type: custom:card-modder
    card:
      type: weather-forecast
      entity: weather.meteo_darksky
    style:                 
      background-image: url("/local/weather-background-[[ sun.sun.state ]].png");
      background-size: 100% 400px
      --primary-text-color: 'rgb(76,156,241)'
      --secondary-text-color: green
      --paper-item-icon-color: 'rgb(76,156,241)' #small variation icons
      background-repeat: no-repeat
      border-radius: 20px
      border: solid 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.3)
      color: "#999999"
      box-shadow: 3px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)`Preformatted text`

not sure if this would make any difference, but I have it ordered differently:

- type: custom:card-modder
    style:
      background-image: url("/local/lovelace/images/weather-background-[[ sun.sun.state ]].png")
      background-size: 100% 400px
      --primary-text-color: var(--primary-text-color)
      --secondary-text-color: var(--secondary-text-color)
      --paper-item-icon-color: var(--primary-text-color) #small variation icons
    card:
      type: custom:weather-card
      title: Modded Woensdrecht
      entity_weather: weather.woensdrecht
      entity_sun: sun.sun
      entity_apparent_temperature: sensor.jagti_windchill
      entity_wind_force: sensor.br_wind_force

Sorry, no change…

make a screenshot of your path, up to the actual file so we can check if it correct?

I put the underscore in the files so they can enter inside the screenshot, but i am using them without the underscore