Myfox Alarm

Hello, you need to add the MQTT integration in HA, and connect it to your MQTT broker.
The Somfy Protect devices will then be automatically added to HA.

hello adrien.
many thanks for your reply. indeed i integrated mqtt boker as it was showing up after launch

i also tried MQTT Manual integration by adding the following lines in my configuration.yaml
mqtt:
broker: 192.168.178.63
port: 1883
username: “mqttuser”
password: “I put the right pwd here”

no change. My question is clearly may be too stupid but can you indicate what to do ?

Hi, the same thing happens to me. It tells me that it is connected but the entities do not appear.

May be we miss an important component. I am very new in HA world… and may be someone know the solution

many thanks

I found my problem please check that in your somfyprotect, the name of your installation correspond to what is written in config file from somfyprotect2MQTT add on. Now it works

1 Like

Thank you very much I solved it by doing like you

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Addon updated to 0.1.5 to fix homeassistant_config schema.
If you don’t want to use code, just remove the line “code” in your config.

Thanks @schumijo :+1:

I tried to install 0.1.5. but it won’t work. Instead of updating i tried to do a fresh install and it won’t let me save any of the changes i make to the configuration.

In the log of home assistant i see the following:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/websocket_api.py:109
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:47:56 AM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:50:59 AM

Failed to to call /addons/c53cd0b5_somfy-protect-2-mqtt/options - not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['options']. Got {'somfy_protect': {'username': '[email protected]', 'password': 'iliketurtles', 'sites': ['Maison']}, 'homeassistant_config': {'code': 'set code or remove this line to disable code', 'code_arm_required': False, 'code_disarm_required': False}, 'mqtt': {'host': '192.168.x.x', 'port': 1883, 'username': 'homeassistant', 'password': 'homeassistant', 'client-id': 'somfy-protect', 'topic_prefix': 'somfyProtect2mqtt', 'ha_discover_prefix': 'homeassistant'}, 'delay_site': '10', 'delay_device': '60', 'de...
Failed to to call /addons/c53cd0b5_somfy-protect-2-mqtt/options - not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['options']. Got {'somfy_protect': {'username': '[email protected]', 'password': 'iliketurtles', 'sites': ['Maison']}, 'homeassistant_config': {'code': 'set code or remove this line to disable code', 'code_arm_required': False, 'code_disarm_required': False}, 'mqtt': {'host': '192.168.x.x', 'port': 1883, 'username': 'homeassistant', 'password': 'homeassistant', 'client-id': 'somfy-protect', 'topic_prefix': 'somfyProtect2mqtt', 'ha_discover_prefix': 'homeassistant'}, 'delay_site': '10', 'delay_device': '60', 'deb...
Failed to to call /addons/c53cd0b5_somfy-protect-2-mqtt/options - not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['options']. Got {'somfy_protect': {'username': '[email protected]', 'password': 'iliketurtles', 'sites': ['Maison']}, 'homeassistant_config': {'code': 'set code or remove this line to disable code', 'code_arm_required': False, 'code_disarm_required': True}, 'mqtt': {'host': '192.168.x.x', 'port': 1883, 'username': 'homeassistant', 'password': 'homeassistant', 'client-id': 'somfy-protect', 'topic_prefix': 'somfyProtect2mqtt', 'ha_discover_prefix': 'homeassistant'}, 'delay_site': '10', 'delay_device': '60', 'de...

After restoring to 0.1.4 everything works fine again. Any idea what the problem could be?

Hi @About2Break

You need to define a code or remove the corresponding line in your configuration.

Maybe I need to find a better way to manage this setting in next version

Ah yes, i did not understand it was the first thing you need to do. Otherwise you won’t be able to save the configuration.

It now works! Thank you. :grin: Too bad Somfy is so restrictive with their api. Would be awesome if the camera stream someday could be integrated. The camera’s are homekit compatible, however the homekit integration in Home assistant doesn’t support the stream function (yet).

1 Like

I am interested in using the legacy API for the integration of my Home Control 2 (HC2).
I was looking at the RESTful integration but can’t find a way to configure oauth for access token.
Any pointer?

Hi ! Thanks for the great work on this !

Do you know by any chance what the cover_present attribute means for each IntelliTag ?

It mean the cover above the one you remove to replace the battery. if you remove it this sensor is triggered

I see, thanks ! Funny thing, some of my IntelliTag have the sensor to Offand others to On, but all of them have the cover in place.

I was having the same thing. Sometimes the cover is not totally in place and it can drop. I have removed and reinstalled the cover en each intellitag with the wrong status, now all is ok :wink:

1 Like

Personally, the states of my binary_sensor.xxxx_cover_present entities never change, I can remove the cover from my intellitags, put it back, press the cover detection button, it has no effect in Home Assistant, it remains at off state (same for the device_lost).

remember it takes at least 1min ti be update in home assistant.

The cover trigger a pin as you see here : https://dimelo-answers-production.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/177/810eacbba2eef49f/somfy_capot_intellitag_original.jpg?b76eb6a

about device_lost, it’s set to on when the link cannot communicate with the intellitag.

Hello,

for those who have some smoke detector in the Somfy Protect App,
I have add them to somfyProtect2Mqtt on the dev branch.

I have add this feature with the log of a user because I have not this device. If some of you have this setup, you can test and give me some feedback :slight_smile: Thx !

For those who would like to run a separate docker for Protect2MQTT, I’ve written a Docker file based on @schumijo work. Just create a docker volume called somfyprotect2mqtt_data to /usr/src/SomfyProtect2MQTT/somfyProtect2Mqtt/config

FROM python:3.8-slim-buster
ENV LANG C.UTF-8

# SomfyProtect2MQTT version
ARG VERSION=0.1.3

# Install required packages
RUN pip3 install python-json2yaml

# Download source and untar
WORKDIR /usr/src
ADD "https://github.com/Minims/SomfyProtect2MQTT/archive/refs/tags/${VERSION}.tar.gz" src.tar.gz
RUN tar -xvf src.tar.gz
RUN mv /usr/src/SomfyProtect2MQTT-${VERSION} /usr/src/SomfyProtect2MQTT

# Install python requirements
WORKDIR /usr/src/SomfyProtect2MQTT/somfyProtect2Mqtt
RUN pip3 install -r requirements.txt

CMD [ "python3", "/usr/src/SomfyProtect2MQTT/somfyProtect2Mqtt/main.py"]
1 Like