Myq componenet issues

I found the issue regarding status updates reported by @Bahnburner and he successfully tested out a change I provided. I need to clean up the code portion a bit and will push the latest change, most likely in a day or so. If you don’t have the retrofit device it most likely won’t matter for you and status updates should be working properly without the change.

Can you tell me what exactly you had to change to get the login to work again?

I tried using your new script but it does not work for me so I was going to update my old script

All three of my doors show up but they all report the same status.

Mostly changes to all the api endpoints and changes to the status method.

@Bahnburner @rabittn I just uploaded a new version of the file that should fix status updates for those that have multiple doors or a device that supports multiple doors. A few other small changes as well. The “name” variable in the configuration.yaml file can be removed as it’s no longer used (hasn’t been used in the code anyway for the last few months). The readme at github has the updated yaml example. The device name comes from the data endpoints and was a change a while back to support multiple doors. Name them in your mobile app and those names should then be used in HA.

Thanks to user “rbflurry” for the idea to add the headers globally.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arraylabs/myq/master/myq.py

Let me know if you run into any issues or open an issue with github.

carlostico, I just tried changing the door name in my iOS app and the new name was then reflected into HA, so a better option would be to change it in the app and not make the code change I mentioned earlier.

Just updated to the new version, everything’s looking good here. Thanks again!

Working great for me. Thank you.

How skilled are you with Python? It would be awesome to get this as a supported platform.

If I remember correctly, at one point MyQ was an official component, but I believe Chamberlain asked to have it removed and then changed up their endpoints.

I brought that up to the Devs before and no one could prove that was true. It looks like the pr died because there wasn’t an external library to handle the API.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/1961

I’ve been a casual reader of this thread, but the API change over the weekend broke the PHP that I’d written to open/close my Liftmaster. Is it correct that to get this up and running, I just need to grab myq.py, put it in /custom_components/cover/ and add the platform to my configuration? Any other dependencies?

I haven’t spent much time trying to debug it, but when I do this, my HASS install fails to start, no errors in home_assistant.log

Aside/related - is it OK to quote the password string? My pass starts with a %, which might be the reason HASS wouldn’t start. I’ll report back once I’ve had some time to test that.

yes, that is all you need to do to get it running.

Sorry I cannot help with the password quote question.

Did you get things running?

@rabittn @Bahnburner Glad things are working for you again!

Unfortunately my only experience with python has been with this component and figuring it out along the way.

I can look into reviving the closed PR, but can’t give any timeframe as I have to juggle my time with my job, small business, college courses, new child and same wife :slight_smile: .

Does anyone know if maxvitek(github username) is still interested in this or how to contact him via the forum?

Does anyone have any simple examples of the library implementation they could point me to (i honestly haven’t looked around any yet)?

I have worked on an external library for a climate device; I’ll look at what it would take to move this code into a library. It works great for me running as custom component but it would of course be better as a real component.

Unfortunately, I don’t have much experience either, and am also trying to juggle nerdery and playing with my 6mo old son. :slight_smile:

@lordsiris Thank you for providing a fix. Incredible! I am very grateful.

Thanks for checking in. Have been putting it off due to work. Hope to take a look today. Will report back!

I got things working, It’s working great so far.

Somehow, before, I had saved the github page to myq.py, not the raw. It was weird - that made HA stall with no error. Put the correct code in there and it’s all good! Thanks much!

@rabittn @Bahnburner Worked a bit on the code to make this an official component…Just got it working, still have to go through and check many things and make sure that I did everything the way that HA wants, but so far so good. FYI, for those familiar with the closed PR I do have it setup using an external library, and a lot more error checking.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m glad to see so much progress being made on this component.