Myq componenet issues

@Dayve67 Basic info here:

Or wait till next weekend when .39 is released and use the official component.

Fwiw you can use a different token for wink to be able to control them with wink.

FYI, the .39 just released includes the official component. Be sure to remove the file from the custom components directory and also in your config change “brand” to “type”.

3 Likes

working great for me! Great work by all.

Got Myq working with the new upgrade .39 but have alot of errors in HA.
The door works fine.

17-02-27 16:53:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error while update entity from myq in cover Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 396, in _update_entity_states yield from update_coro File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 212, in async_update_ha_state yield from self.hass.loop.run_in_executor(None, self.update) File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__ yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion. File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup value = future.result() File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result raise self._exception File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/myq.py", line 90, in update self._status = self.myq.get_status(self.device_id) File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/pymyq/__init__.py", line 161, in get_status garage_state = self.DOOR_STATE[garage_state] KeyError: '3'

Is the door partially open when you get this error? There isn’t a state value for position 3. Wondering if its a state where the door is partially opened or closed. Regardless I should add code to catch an unknown state and not throw those ugly errors.

I added the state to the python library. Should be updated with the next version of HA.

Thanks. That will clear up some of my errors. lol

Let me know after you get updated to .40 if it helped. Thanks!

Looks to be good now. Thanks

Looking for a little help and forgive me if it had been covered previously, I didn’t find any hits with search

I am on the latest version of HASS (.40) and have a Chamberlain MyQ

Open and Close work great, but I can’t seem to get Stop to work. I am also playing with COVER.SET_COVER_POSITION and I can’t seem to get it to work.

Automation:
- alias: 'Garage Test' trigger: platform: time after: "11:55:00" action: - service: cover.set_cover_position data: entity_id: cover.garage_door_opener position: 50

Is this a known issue (maybe not currently possible) or is there a prob with my setup?

There currently isn’t a method in myq for set_cover_position or stop_cover. Do you know if either are supported the MyQ mobile app?

Ah yes I see now, looks like the app only supports control for full up and full down

I’m traveling so I cannot test it, but can’t you press the garage door on myq while it’s moving and it will stop?
I remember seeing position feedback on myq as well. I thought the screen would show the door half opened if that’s the case.
Maybe you won’t be able to pass a position but could send a stop signal and get the position back.

It will not stop the door. If you stop the door via the wall switch the app will show the door is partially open or closed.

I’m starting to see MyQ errors that look like:

17-04-06 18:09:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Updating myq cover took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15

I’ll see several of these, then a gap, then they return. Anyone else seeing similar? Advice?

I’ve seen a few of these as well. Thinking it has to do with the trip time to talk with the remote cloud server.

Now, I’ve got a couple thousand entries like this, at 16-second intervals.

I’m trying out a test using scan_interval, so it doesn’t hit up against the chamberlain api as much. Will have to see how it affects updates to the door after open/close changes.

I can’t seem to get this component working longer than 2 days. Mine is a chamberlain but stopped working so I changed it to liftmaster in the configuration and it started working for a day or so…but now broken again. Any advice how to make this stable?