Myq componenet issues

@jhn is correct. I just gave a good look over my docker config and I had an error that was mapping my volume wrong. Once fixed, my myq.py file is indeed contained in “custom_components/cover/” directory. The “custom_components” being in the same directory as the configuration.yaml file. Sorry for the mix up!

Your configuration looks correct. Are you sure the log isn’t showing any issues (in the current version of HA I have to clear my browser cache each time I want to view the logs on the web page, evidently it started getting cached in one of the recent changes and without a refresh won’t show anything but days old logs)? You can also open the .log file and check it as well. You could also check out the logger component and its log levels to maybe get more detailed logs that may show some additional information.

yeah, I dont see anything. Where is that log file located? Ill check that

I also just tried doing this and Im not seeing a hello_state entity either (I assume that would add one).

should be in the same directory as the configuration.yaml under the name home-assistant.log (hopefully not just in that location in my docker container).

Read somewhere also that if a password contains a colon then the password should be contained in quotes. Don’t know if that applies or not but just read it somewhere in the HA world today.

I have dashes…no colons.

This is my entire log. Not sure if anything is related to this…doesnt look like it (trying to troubleshoot some other stuff).

16-11-15 02:52:37 homeassistant.bootstrap: Error during setup of component hello_state
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 149, in _async_setup_component
    None, component.setup, hass, config)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'setup'
16-11-15 02:52:40 homeassistant.bootstrap: Invalid config for [automation]: extra keys not allowed @ data['condition'][0]['state']. Got None
not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['condition'][0]['condition']. Got None. (See /home/hass/.homeassistant/automation.yaml:3). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/
16-11-15 03:16:30 homeassistant.core: Error inside async loop: Fatal read error on SSL transport

changed my password to something that is just letters and numbers and still nothing. wtf

That error is tied to the hello_state domain, which means that it’s being loaded at least. I didn’t do anything special to make this work (I installed using the RPi AIO installer), I have my myq.py file in /home/hass/.homeassistant/custom_components/cover, and my configuration.yaml file looks pretty much identical to yours.

Oh, I completely missed where it said hello_state. Wonder why its not giving me the same issue for for myq then?

How did you copy it there? Wondering it maybe its a permission issue when I copied it?

I scp’ed the file over from my OS X box, logged into the hass user and made the directories and copied the file in. Could be permissions, not sure. I suppose you could put in a print(“myq”) or something close to the top of the py file and see if it shows up in the output?

so I was logged in via FTP on my mac under hass and made the directories and copied the file over that way. I played around and put the myq.py directly into custom_components (and changed the yaml entry accordingly) and then it had the same error as hello_state. When I have it where you directed me to put it, nothing shows up in the error log…

I’m getting 16-11-13 23:33:57 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded cover.myq from custom_components.cover.myq in the console when starting up. I don’t see anything else but the garage door does show up in the UI.

@halpplz Try the latest github version as @hageltech submitted a pull request (Thanks!) that might help you as it appears you have the wifi version.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arraylabs/myq/master/myq.py

Holy shit, it works! Thanks, @hageltech! You guys rock

edit: nvm. dumb question I answered myself

Is it possible to detect anything hitting the reverse sensors? I am setting up a timer to close the door after 10 minutes when left open, but I would also like to be able to use the reverse sensors to reset the timer in case some one is going in and out repeatedly. I know how to make hass do all this, but I don’t know if we can get the reverse sensors to notify.

I don’t think the bridge reports the sensor state to they Chamberlain/Liftmaster/etc. servers, so I don’t believe this would be possible.

The only thing I can think of is tracking whether or not the door state actually changes to closed after the service is triggered.

Thanks for the info Bahnburner, too bad. I guess I will just have to put up a motion sensor at a later date.

As to your thought on tracking, that is not quite what I meant. Perhaps this demo of a timed lamp might better explain:

Notice how when the motion sensor state changes to ‘on’ it starts a timer of 10 minutes and cancels all existing timers, this is so that one could indefinitely keep the lights on assuming they move every 10 minutes.

I would like to say, as long as somebody trips the reverse sensors at least every 10 minutes then keep it open. If no reverse sensors have been tripped for over 10 minutes close the garage.

But like I said, I will just invest in a motion sensor at a later date to deal with this.

Ah, I see what you’re getting at. My Chamberlain actually has this feature built in for the opener’s bulb, but it would be great to have for the shop lights as well.

hmm, I guess that is an idea, if we could get the status of the light on the garage opener, then we could piggy-back off that for other automations. If the light is on then we could trigger a z-wave switch or anything else. When the light turns off we could trigger other things. Can we get the light status?