MyQ Integration stopped working

Does anyone else use this integration who can tell me if it’s still working? Not sure whether it’s my setup or a potential API change issue? Was working flawlessly for months but now not working at all.

Still working for me!

Mine appears to be fine as well. I have not updated to 2023.8.3 core yet though.

same for me as of last week

My MyQ integration stopped working. I am now getting a “failed setup” message. I have subsequently rebooted my Pi4 and deleted and reinstalled the MyQ integration with no success. It accepts my username and password but after churning for a few moments gives me the “failed setup” error. The MyQ app on my phone still works fine. It’s only the MyQ integrataion in Home Assistant that is having a problem.
Any ideas or solution? I am current on all updates.

See here:

Same here, running on 2023.9.2 and it stopped working. Even after re-installing it, no success. Can confirm the app still works, can control it via Apple Home, and home bridge.

Any clue ?

OK, here is a short update I just came across which fixed my problem. Might help you as well which you find in the link below:

Long story short here are the steps from the link above:

1. Install the Advanced SSH & Web Terminal add-on
  2. In the terminal add-on, run the following commands:
cd config
wget https://github.com/Lash-L/pymyq/archive/refs/heads/useragent_fix.zip
unzip useragent_fix.zip
mv pymyq-useragent_fix/pymyq .
rm -fr useragent_fix.zip pymyq-useragent_fix
  1. Restart Home Assistant.
3 Likes

this makes it work again; thank you.
As homekit was not affected (to what I read) this makes me wonder if Homekit integration is a safer alternative when it exists.

Thoughts?

I keep running into this error at the point of trying the command mv pymyq-useragent_fix/pymyq .

MV: can’t rename pymyq-useragent_fix/pymyq Directory not empty

Worked great for me.

Thanks for providing the fix.

After having tons of problems with myq i can only recommend that as a replacement:

Works like a charm - does not suck and is blazing fast

hardware solution for a software issue. but the non cloud approach is a good ides but HW is backordered

Nice quite yesterday. I reinstalled the patch and get stuck in an initialization loop with an Authentication error on myq-cloud.com. 403 forbidden

1 Like

I got this working for a while, but it stopped again a few days ago. It also seems that the patch is no longer hosted at https://github.com/Lash-L/pymyq/archive/refs/heads/useragent_fix.zip. I tried reinstalling the integration, but I get Failed to connect error after inputting my credentials. The official app does connect to my controller.

The integration stopped working a few days ago

I tried again today and it worked.

Confirmed is working again with the regular integration, no tricks.