MYQ not working

Thanks! I appreciate the update!

Root cause was found; sounds like a fix is forthcoming.

I had made some other changes to my config file and thought I broke this somehow. After too much time troubleshooting, it finally occurred to me that I should check the forum. I wish I would have done that sooner… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

FYI, we just merged an official fix into Home Assistant. :+1:

2 Likes

ETA on this getting pushed out to hassio?

I assume this will go out in 0.101.0, so it should be soon. In the meantime, however, there are ways to patch the solution in place; here’s a thread: https://github.com/arraylabs/pymyq/issues/27

It doesn’t call out Hass.io specifically, but the procedure should be the same. Make sure you have the SSH add-on installed and SSH into your instance. Then:

$ docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
bash-5.0# cd /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq
bash-5.0# wget -O api.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/brbeaird/pymyq/dff9fcdd87be2ca4d1507e713d0fc363538f5ec9/pymyq/api.py
bash-5.0# exit
$ docker restart homeassistant
1 Like

The fix is a bump to pymyq 2.0.1 which is NOT in 0.101b4 as of now. So you can do the above. Or if you can get into your python installation you can edit myq/manifest.json like below and restart. HA will bump pymyq to 2.0.1 automagically

{
  "domain": "myq",
  "name": "Myq",
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/myq",
  "requirements": [
    "pymyq==2.0.1"
  ],
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": []
}

core-ssh:~# docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
-bash: docker: command not found
core-ssh:~#

#sadtrombone

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation! Can you be more explicit regarding the directory path to the appropriate manifest.json file, assuming a hassio installation?

Thanks again!

Update: I had a go at the suggestion by @bachya and :crossed_fingers: No adverse errors seen on HA restart. Thank you all!!

1 Like

I’m not sure if my way was “okay” or a “terrible idea” but I got it working on hassio.
The link above is much easier than the way I went, but I ssh’ed into my ubuntu server, used “find / -name pymyq” to find the name of the right docker container. I navigated to the /var/lib/docker/overlay2 container, and into the pymyq library and made this change to the api.py file and it started working.
I didnt mess with the manifest file.

that’s what i did as well… i’m using a venv install though. but no problems so far

1 Like

I did the same just now and working again. Should work assuming the next upgrade has this change otherwise it will get overwritten and need to be hacked again.

1 Like

Yep. This fix works for me as well. Thank you.

1 Like

This fixed mine also.

0.101.1 incorporates all the latest fixes. It’s published on the website just not in pypi yet. should be there tonight or tomorrow.

Hi There,

Another way to do this is to add a custom component.

Using the same github source you mentioned, you download the code and then I used Cloud9 IDE, it’s a component you can add to HA in the add-on-store.

If you don’t have the Custom_components folder, create that first then drop in the contents of the pymyq, restart HA and it loads the custom component and works perfectly. After the change is implemented in a future general build of HA, I move the component to the “Previous Custom Components” folder.

Hope if helps, I know I like finding ways to do things differently. :slight_smile:

Thanks, this fixed it. Went to the Entity Registry, searched for ‘cover’ and found one that was unavailable. Deleted that one, and renamed the _2 to the name used throughout my HASS instance and all is now good!

Yes but this works for HA and not Hassio, right?
Since mine is in a docker container, the custom component isn’t in my HA folder, so I use VSCode which can access my whole server.

It should work in hassio. You’ll need to add a custom_components directory.

So is anyone else having problems? It appears that myq is not connecting to my Gate or Garage Controller anymore as of 11/16/19?