MyQ unavailable - name changed?

I’ve been using MyQ for a few months and after approximately version 0.100 it stopped working (I do not know precisely when as I use it rarely).

I dug into it, and the two garage door entities changed names, from (for example) main_garage_door to main_garage_door_2. The first disappears from the “states” display and in the entity registry it shows as “unavailable”.

Deleting the unavailable one and renaming the other in the entity registry fixed it.

But how did it come to be? I have not changed anything in the MyQ registration, no change in username/password, as best I know no change in anything at all.

Does MyQ periodically reset some id that causes this?

Or conversely is there anything I may have done and not realized that caused it?

Otherwise, consider this posting a hint if someone else has the issue.

Linwood

It changed because MyQ api v4 was deprecated and they had to update to api v5 (in 0.100.3). For whatever reason this caused the system to think it was a new entity and give it a new name.

DeadEnd

Cool, so hopefully until V6 it will stick. I just found the responses from a few days ago in the MyQ thread, not sure why it waited until now to send out the update email.

I have version 0.100.3 and mine is still broken:

2019-10-30 21:19:42 INFO (SyncWorker_46) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded myq from homeassistant.components.myq
2019-10-30 21:19:42 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Setting up cover.myq
2019-10-30 21:19:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error while setting up platform myq
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/cover.py”, line 53, in async_setup_platform
myq = await login(username, password, websession)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 162, in login
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 117, in authenticate
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 85, in request

See https://github.com/arraylabs/pymyq/issues/27
and https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/28348

Fix is in 0.101.1 according to the second link

I changed the two lines in the PR and it started working fine, so it’s a pretty easy fix. The location will vary but search for pymyq and then in that folder api.py, and edit according to the PR to drop the user agent of chamberlin, and (not sure if needed) restart ha.

So based on this I won’t upgrade hass.io until 0.101.1, which I assume won’t be more than a week or three.