Native PlayStation 4 Component Discussion

I don’t see why not but you’re probably going to have to compile it from source files. I believe Rassbian Stretch has python 3.5 as a package you can get by running sudo apt-get install python3. Make sure to run python -V inside your activated venv to check if your version is correct after install.

Is it only me or does the PS4 state from “off” to “playing” change faster then “playing” to “off”? Mine take 50 seconds to change from “playing” to “off”.

Well it takes a little while for the PS4 to get into rest mode, so there’s probably just residual connections kicking around?

I have the component working well and starting to play with a lovelace setup.

One thing I have seen if that when controlling the PS4 I constantly receive notifications on the PS4 every time I press a command from HA, connected, disconnected, connected, disconnected and so on. I’ve had a look in the notifications on the PS4 to see if this can be turned off but so far I can’t find anything. I don’t mind an initial notification but after each send command sees a little unnesasary.

Is this a limitation of the component or something that can be addressed?

I spoke too soon. I am receiving a broken pipe error and HA is no longer communicating with the PS4:

[Errno 32] Broken pipe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 148, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/core.py", line 1133, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/core.py", line 1157, in _execute_service
    await self._hass.async_add_executor_job(handler.func, service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/ps4/media_player.py", line 82, in service_command
    device.send_command(command)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/ps4/media_player.py", line 372, in send_command
    self._ps4.remote_control(command)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyps4_homeassistant/ps4.py", line 136, in remote_control
    self._connection.login()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyps4_homeassistant/connection.py", line 66, in login
    self._send_login_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyps4_homeassistant/connection.py", line 194, in _send_login_request
    self._send_msg(msg, encrypted=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyps4_homeassistant/connection.py", line 109, in _send_msg
    self._socket.send(msg)
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

wouldn’t be easier to tell HA to look for the covert art in a local file when it fails to find/fetch/scrape a picture_entity and let every HA user to add the cover art he wants manually?

In the custom ps4 component Playstation 4/PS4 custom component , we had an option to specifiy in the config yaml file for the source of the cover art (local files was in the www/games folder).
I know the Native PS4 component doesn’t use anymore the config yaml file but could you look into it ?
It will be easier for everybody I think.

How can I delete some games from source list?
Somebody know how to get time spent for a specific game?

Seems I chose R1 when I should have chosen R2 - can’t seem to edit (atleast it’s not clear where I edit this…). Anyone know how?

This is a limitation of the PS4’s firmware. You learn to live with it.

For EVERY single button press?

Yes, that’s how it works even if you go the “legacy” route running ps4-waker.

Wow that’s intense. They need to include a disable notification option for that in the PS4 settings.

1 Like

Finally got around to finish setting this up for one of my PS4’s. Seems to be working well. A slight delay updating when things change on the console, but that’s ok.

This also allows me to fill in a gap with my harmony hub and it’s inability to power on the PS4.

Feature Request: When the PS4 is idle, it would be good if there was a default image that we could display, like when games are running.

Ive submitted code for this issue actually along with multiple device support. Its live in the dev branch if you want to try it out. Dont know when it’ll be released. Only works for 1 console.

1 Like

Delete integration and reconfigure again.

There should be a file in your config folder '.ps4-games.conf` You can edit it to remove a game you don’t want in the list.

You can make a pull request for that if you can find a suitable image.

You can try customui/lovelace.

Is it normal to have No Area as in attached picture?

Yes, until you have assigned it to an area :slight_smile: