Native PlayStation 4 Component Discussion

Support for multiple consoles should be available in future releases.

It will be possible in 0.90 :+1:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/21302

I have a big problem with this component.
I add my ps4 without any problem.
It work flawless.
I add entity media_player.playstation_4 to lovelace and everything work.
But when ps4 was turn off with power lost (energy drop, anthem critical error :wink: ) and back again lovelace say " entity not available" because component make new entity media_player_playstation_4_2.
But after another energy drop back to first entity.
So in lovelace is problem what entity i need add.

1 Like

Do you have a 2nd ps4? Thatā€™s what happened to me because it configured the other ps4 somehow

No. I have only one

My AppleTV media player entities do this a fair bit. I was up to apple_tv_6 at one point until I deleted all the old entities and then next time it happened it was back at apple_tv. Never really worked out why. Iā€™m guessing something bonjour related.

For those with multiple PS4s how does the component work in 0.90? I only have one, so I couldnā€™t test for functionality.

I just tried my second PS4 and it gave me: Unknown error occured
The first PS4 connected just fine before and showing in lovelace as mediaplayer

ps4-error

Is it required to change the name field? Tried both ā€˜Playstation 4ā€™ and also the name the PS4 uses, both didnā€™t work. I didnā€™t change that field for the first PS4

Running Hassio 0.90.0

@QkulleQ No the name shouldnā€™t matter. It sets the name of the entity in the ui/lovelace. Can you post the errors for the PS4 component from your logs?

The same thing happened to me

@Ktnrg45 Clicking on:

Error handling request

11:28 components/ps4/config_flow.py (ERROR)

I get this:

Ok know what it is. Should be a simple fix.

Iā€™m all :ear::ear::ear: :wink:

I may have missed this in the above posts but is there a way to build a log of games/times played? looking at history it only gives when played but not what played and for how long. I suppose itā€™s about calculating from playing to idle time but how do I record the games themselves?

That all seemed fixed in 0.90.x :slight_smile:

Is it possible to determine who is logged into the PS4? Iā€™ve put together some Node-Red flows that will announce (via Alexa) when the PS4 has been played for a certain amount of time but wanted it to be user specific (ie, my son)

Fix coming 0.90.2

It may be possible. Although each psn account would have to be configured for each entity.

1 Like

I may be being a little thick but what time format of the original number that is produced in the time tracking (ā€˜0.84ā€™)?

This takes the above data and makes it more readable (for example "0.84" becomes "50m"). This is used in the frontend.

Iā€™m trying to work out what 1hr would look like.

Well, if 0.84 is 50min, I believe 1 hour (60min) would be 1.00

1 Like