Need a wifi LED controller

So, I thought I wasn’t looking for anything too special, but…turns out I am wrong.

I just want a basic LED controller thats WiFi compatible and HA compatible, but the catch is, can work on a wifi network without internet. (non addressable 4wire LEDs)

I have a MagicHome controller at the moment but no matter what I do, it does not work if not connected to the MagicHome cloud.

Are there any others out there that DO work without internet? ESP32 would be ideal?

Thanks!

Which Magic Home controller do you have ? I have one that I opened and flashed with ESPHOME

Or you could use Shelly RGBW2, they work locally and integrate with HA natively

I can definitely recommend BleBox products. I have a lot of their modules and they are worth recommending.

RGBW/RGB module is wLightBox:

There is also the wLightBoxPRO module, which has been enriched with an additional antenna and IP54 for outdoor use:

And for addressable LEDs there is a pixelBox module:

In the LAN, we have access to BleBox devices via IP. The option via the cloud is also available. Well, but we are more interested in the first option. :slight_smile:

I encourage you to familiarize yourself with BleBox products, they are of very good quality. Perfectly made, stable and have a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.

As said, most older magichome boards are flashable with esphome/tasmota, but newer ones are not. You tried the MagicHome integration in homeassistant? It claims to be local, you just need to setup with the cloud.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, my magic home is not the ESP32 version, so that’s a no go for me.

As for using it locally, I managed to get the device connected to the wifi however when trying to connect to it via IP, it just fails to connect. Just says “failed to connect”

Previously when using with internet, it was working well.

So it’s a bit of a pain. I was wounding if there is a way to convert the magichome device using a ESP32, a d just use the rest of the led driver on the board

I’m not familiar with the specific brand of LED strip controller you are using, however I have successfully converted two Tuya non ESP LED strip controllers to 100% local control via MQTT and Home Assistant using this project. Each was using a different physical microcontroller, but both started out as ‘Tuya’ devices you can get on Amazon or Aliexpress. This specific project is able to convert a number of different microcontrollers that are now used by Tuya umbrella products. You will probably have to physically connect to pins on the controller board to flash the new firmware, however if you have a little skill with soldering it is not too bad to do. Good hunting!

https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/forum507.html