Need history-graph to be an actual graph, not a bar

Not going to since customize does not do what I need I guess, not sure why you suggested using something that won’t do what I need in the first place but no worries at least I can get to it directly and edit it

Why do you not think it solves your issue?

You just told me not to use it after I posted the screenshot of it only other way I can see is directly edit the file

Customize will do what you want… have you read his links or are you assuming customizing is done through the UI? It’s done via yaml, highlighted in the links he posted.

Well it doesn’t give me a place to edit except in the storage folder so that’s where I will deal with it, not really to worried about it, just would have been nice to get the bar graph, but not worth getting all the flack and being insulted through it all which is what is going to come in short order so I will take my leave of this thread before it gets to that point

Yes it does? Are you completely skipping over his links? I’ll screenshot it so you don’t have to click into anything.

I’m trying to do the same thing:

for an autodiscovered sensor. I tried to remove it in my customize.yaml by setting it to “none”

sensor.printer_status:
  unit_of_measurement: none

I’ve tried None, none, ‘’
In developer tools ‘State’ tab the attribute is reported as
unit_of_measurement:
or
unit_of_measurement: none
but in both cases, if I go to the history graph it shows it as a numerical graph with values from 0.0 to 1.0, no data, and not my desired ‘bar’ chart of text states.

Any ideas?