Need some help reading an error in my log

Can you all help me understand what this means. It is showing up on my log at home assistant startup.
When I go to line 726 of my configuration.yaml , this is what’s there

automation: !include automations.yaml THIS IS LINE 726
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml
group: !include groups.yaml

This is the log that shows up in the notifications error of home assistant:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:454
First occurred: 2:18:34 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:18:34 PM

Invalid config for [script]: expected a dictionary. Got OrderedDict([(‘default_config’, {}), (‘homeassistant’, OrderedDict([(‘external_url’, ‘REMOVED FOR PRIVACY*’), (‘internal_url’, ‘http://homeassistant.local:8123/’), (‘packages’, OrderedDict())])), (‘nest’, OrderedDict([(‘client_id’, ‘797153842649-49sq8hf72ojna797iju2sp7mp4ii0kt5.apps.googleusercontent.com’), (‘client_secret’, ‘REMOVED FOR PRIVACY*’), (‘project_id’, ‘bb78abae-3120-4bf0-8cf1-fe26ac3ef761’)])), (‘spotify’, OrderedDict([(‘client_id’, 'b248f836afd… (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 726).

Hi :wave:!
I think these line counts are not taking includes into account.
See KNX integrations not working anymore from 2021.6 upgrade on - #3 by farmio as an example on how to read these error messages.

There is some error in your scripts.

Hello! Thank you for your response.

So your saying, I need to go through all of the automations in my automations.yaml and the problem exist inside of that file?

or the problem is in scripts.yaml? because line 726 in my configuration.yaml is the !include scripts line

What is the best way to do this as I have 30-40 automations and I really don’t want to go through each one to determine which one is causing the problem?

Thank you ahead of time for your responses. I am very new to home assistant.

Ok, so I removed all scripts and now the error is gone. So as you said, the issue is in one of my scripts. Luckily, I only have around 8-10 scripts. Is there any fast way to figure out which one is the issue without going through each one at a time and restarting home assistant with each in place until the error is thrown again?

Did you accidentally save your configuration.yaml as scripts.yaml? It’s very suspicious that all the keys in the error are things that would be found in configuration.yaml

II thought the same as you, that’s why I didn’t understand how that error message could mean something was messed up in the scripts file but based on the below, I guess it was somehow.

It did end up being some mistakes in the scripts file. I had a script that worked well but had a couple of lines of junk at the end of it (leftovers from a copy-paste) and it must have been what was causing the issue. Thank you all for your responses and help though. It’s awesome how much this software is capable of if you know what you’re doing with it (there in lies my problem :smile:

Thank you all again for all of your help!