NEO window/door sensors

i don’t know how exactly you would do it but is there a way to include them manually using wifi? maybe use a rest component or mqtt or something?

maybe if you ask again specifically about that in a different thread someone smarter than me can help you get them usable in HA.

Interesting thought and thanks for the guidance. I pulled up my router and checked the device list and saw:

IPv4 Address / Name	192.168.1.178 / ESP_65D31E
MAC Address 84:f3:eb:65:d3:e1

which matches the MAC of one of the sensors… and saw the other one also. :slight_smile:
So they are communicating on my WAN, now to figure out how to play with them.

Hey mate,
Did you figure how to make the sensors work on HA?

Hi there!
I have bought them too, thinking about TASMOTising them, but it seems not so easy.

It has ESP8266, and they actually have silk printed required pins. But flashing TASMOTA won’t help you to get reading. Unfortunately, they have another MCU by design there:

So, I have gave up trying to spot how ESP communicates with SiLabs MCU, and now working on “hacking” original Tuya firmware to remove chineese cloud and replace with local cloud (there bunch of project on GutHub that emulates Tuya servers).

OFFTOPIC:
Had much more luck on Neo CoolCam Wi-Fi switches – they are instant, comparing to Z-Wave models and can be TASMOTised

any luck so far? I wanted to use it as a mailbox notifier but the cloud connection to china is rather unstable and tuya refuses to let me log in to connect to IFTTT…
gearbest sells them under their own label “go.comma” and on the board silk screened you’ll find
Door Sensor _WIFI_V4

i have installed tasmo on it.
but i can connect only for a few seconds then the thing turns off.
only after taking away power and reconnect power i can connect again.
it seams that there is more to do.

I am having the same issue with the PIR Sensors that extra chip is causing an issue like you say where it’s resetting the ESP Chip.

i forgot to download the original firmware.
if anybody have the original firmware can he upload it here?

I will download it from one later today.
Do you want the firmware from the PIR sensor as well?

that would be great if i can get both (door sensor and pir sensor)

Hi All, just checking in to suggest a firmware, brandond has written a custom component for ESPHome to support the Neocoolcam Wifi PIR sensors, I have tested and confirmed this working on my own sensors. The PIR uses the same coprocessor as the Window/Door sensors which in a nutshell wakes up the ESP8266, does some handshakes with the ESP via serial, waits till the ESP has connected to MQTT then puts the ESP back to sleep by pulling the reset line to GND.

Check out the thread here:

Hi, What is the PIN connection on a door sensor?
Thanks

If it’s the same design as the PIR then the sensor is not connected to the ESP it’s connected to the SB1 chip.

There is no one. The while PIR/Door sensor/LED stuff are handled by additional coprocessor. Check [bircoe]'s reply.
I’ve tried altered ESPHome firmware from brandond and succesfully received values from DoorSensor by MQTT in HA.
But have some problems with missing states (connection to mqtt too long possibly) and totally unresponsiveness of sensor after some time.
ESPHome is something new for me, so I just figuring out how to configure it

instead of using mqtt in esphome, what about the native api?

How did you manage to flash the door sensor?

Using USB TTL cable soldering wires to pads on sensors. Pads are named, so no problems with identification.
Also you will need to shortcut GPIO0 with GND to bring ESP to flash mode (located opposite side). Also connections are named.
For chinese TTL cable I had to use 5V mode, cause 3V mode was pretty unstable

1 Like

hm, if I’m not mistaken, RX0, TX0, 3.3V and GND are in one place, very close to each other, while GPIO0 is on the other side and on the upper corner of the board, right?

Yep, exactly!

1 Like

hi . i have flash a door sensor with esphome but i am stuck to config mqtt binary sensor.
how do you do to extrat the mqtt message from esphome and insert in HA?

Message 107 reçu sur boite_letre/debug à 15:09 :
e[0;32m[I][sb1:364]: Door event: 0e[0m
QoS: 0 - Retain: false