Nest Integration - Some types of Nest Cam do not Trigger Events

The capability is there.
Triggers available per device:

• [not working] Nest Hub Max: Person detected, Sound detected and Motion detected
  • [not working] Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor Camera (2021): Person detected and Motion detected
  • [working] Nest Doorbell: Person detected, Sound detected, Motion detected and Doorbell Pressed
1 Like

Thanks for confirming the events show up in the UI, that is helpful.

Interesting! Before your message, I had the impression that only Nest Hub Max cameras were not triggering events. I have a 2021 Nest Indoor camera and it seems to trigger events OK. I hate to ask you one more thing, but can you confirm the permissions look right at Sign in - Google Accounts ?

@allenporter - Thank you, this solved it for me with my max hub. It wasnā€™t authorised. Now it is showing up in HA. I will set up some alerts to see how responsive they are.
What I have noticed is the streaming is not continuous. Seem more of a snapshot. But is definitely an improvement.

Permissions look good on my end, and the events show up as trigger options, they just donā€™t seem to be published by my Nest Hub Max, even though they do show up in the Nest app. Thanks for the ongoing efforts to get this going for us @allenporter

Thank you, exactly what I needed, Iā€™ll let you know when I learn more.

@allenporter I created a test automation for each of the triggers. The media alerts work, but the motion, person and sound do not. Donā€™t know if it is useful information or not but thought I would pass it on.

No problem at all @allenporter.

Everything is authorized:

The backyard camera is the 2021 Nest Battery Camera, however, I am using it connected to the power all the time.

Let me know if you want me to test anything.

My Nest Hub displays the same behavior. Media alerts works fine but motion, person and sound do not.

Just wanted to chime in that Iā€™m having the same issue. The authorizations are all correct on the google side but my Floodlight cam and wired indoor camera both arenā€™t sending motion or people seen notifications.

@allenporter, you had mentioned that your 2021 Google Nest Camera was working. Now, mine is also working.

It started receiving motion updates via Google integration on Feb 14th, 2022 at 6:09 AM EST. I havenā€™t changed anything on the Google side, the only thing I did was update HA to the latest version 2022.2.6 21h before I started receiving motion updates for the 2021 Google Nest Camera.

The Google Hub Max still not getting any motion events.

Thanks, 2022.02 was a big release so it may have contained other event related fixes I have forgotten about. Thanks for confirming nest hub max is still not receiving events.

Hi guys, Iā€™ve got an issue with Google Cloud Platform OAuth 2.0.
Iā€™ve followed this instruction ā†’ Nest - Home Assistant
But when I tried to do the last part (which is the integration within HA)
after finding, clicking on Nest trying to authorize my account ā†’

During this steps after selecting the account that Iā€™ve paid $5 for SDM for, and selecting the devices. After clicking Next on the very bottom of the list, Iā€™m getting this error

Anyone had the same issue?
Iā€™ve destroyed everything and start again from scratch and still getting the same thing.
Not sure what Iā€™ve done wrong here.

cheers

See Nest Error 400: invalid_request Ā· Issue #67662 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub ā€“ unrelated to the discussion in this thread

Thanks @allenporter ! finally, got it working. That doc for OAuth App is not accurate then or has something changed recently?

Anyway, just another quick one. It managed to find all of my devices, but towards the end of the integration step with HA, itā€™s missing one of the home hub max for some reason.
I deleted the integration and tried setting it up again, but it kept missing towards the end.
Is there a maximum limit of device that can be integrated with HA? is it only 8 by any chance?

Just realised that Google integration decided to name the device with the placement area instead of the actual device name. Thatā€™s weird. Cuz I have 2 of home hub max, one came up with all the right thing, but this one ainā€™tā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Instead of creating a new post IĀ“m hijacking this one.
Yesterday I decided to start using the nest integration with my Nest Hub Max.
I managed to go through the guide and the 400 error by first having it in test mode and then publish the app.

I can see the Nest Hub Max connected in Home Assistant but I do not get a stream at all?

Anyone else with the same issue. I tested events too, but as I read is something that it is not working right now.

Just saw that I was missing stream platform from my configuration.yaml. Adding that fixed the stream.
Does anyone have any update on the events for the nest hub max?

Known issue (unfortunately) being looked at by nest api team.

Hi

Iā€™ve been experimenting with the nest camera events ( I have nest indoor/outdoor battery cameras) and seeing what messages are published on the pub/sub topic. It seems it only publishes messages for events where I have notifications turned on in the Google Home app. As soon as I turn notifications off for a particular event type in the app, the related messages are not published to the topic.

I assume itā€™s because the Google Cloud project and Pub/Sub topic is set up using the same email address as the google home app but is this expected or is there a way to separate them so that HA can receive all events even if I have notifications for some of them switched off in the Home app?

Any help much appreciated