Nest thermostat control is not showing up

In version .33 I had full control over my Nest thermostat and could change the temperature. I upgraded to .34.3 and now the thermostat doesn’t show on the states page. I went through the process of creating the developer account and I receive back multiple states from Nest that show the health of my nest protects and the temperature. I am just unable to control them. I get the following error when trying to start up.

16-12-07 16:51:25 homeassistant.components.climate: Error while setting up platform nest
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    entity_platform.add_entities, discovery_info
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/nest.py", line 44, in setup_platform
    True
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 299, in add_entities
    entity.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/nest.py", line 230, in update
    self._eco_temperature = self.device.eco_temperature
  File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/deps/nest/nest.py", line 489, in eco_temperature
    low = self._device[self._temp_key('eco_temperature_low')]
KeyError: 'eco_temperature_low_f'

All that I have in my configuration.yaml is:

nest:
  client_id: ###MyActualClientID###
  client_secret: ###MyActualSecret###

All that I see for the Nest are the following sensors:

I believe it is fixed in 34.4 mine is fixed anyway.

You were right! I should checked for another update first. Thanks for your help!

Lol yep I wake up, have coffee, and check the website.

1 Like

Hmm, i lost the attribute were i can see ik the cv is heating or not, only wich mode is selected.

There are quite a few sensors that went away. Unfortunately it looks like a number of them will stay gone as they were not officially supported by nest.

Oké thanks for the table, but why leaving the old component?

I believe while developing the new nest camera component the person doing the work could not find documentation on how the original component was developed. The new component uses the official nest API.

It’s discussed somewhere in the thread I linked I think.

ah, with 0.35 it works to get hvac state, so my automation works again

Which sensor are you using? Are you getting the operation mode or another sensor?

i use sensor.living_room_thermostat_hvac_state, it gives me off/heating (living room is nest name). My floor heating pump is now switching on when i got heating from hvac, and switched of after 30min when heating is off.

Interesting, will have to check that out tonight. May need to update the docs. I don’t think that is listed on the component page.

no, it isn’t there yet, i saw it on GitHub