Netatmo does not work after 106.5 update

Netatmo does not work anymore. I’m using it for the smart radiator valves.

2020-03-08 20:47:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Unknown error calling netatmo CONFIG_SCHEMA
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config.py", line 707, in async_process_component_config
    return component.CONFIG_SCHEMA(config)  # type: ignore
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 373, in validate_mapping
    new_key = ckey(key_path, key)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 681, in validator
    value = config[key]
TypeError: string indices must be integers
2020-03-08 20:47:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for netatmo: Invalid config.
2020-03-08 20:47:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform netatmo.climate: Unable to set up component.

Does anyone know a workaround?
Thanks!

Could you check the syntax in your config file ?

Please be sure to update your config and add the integration from the settings menu.

Does this mean that Netatmo will only work now via HA cloud? My config hasn’t changed, this was working and I have now the same error:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 692, in validator
    value = config[key]
TypeError: string indices must be integers
´´´

No, you can use it via HA Cloud (which is a free service and NOT Nabu Casa) or via configuration.yaml with your own Netatmo dev account.

If your config hasn’t changed, the question is for how long? Please check the docs for necessary configuration changes.

Apologies, the subtle change on the name of the items didn’t catch my eye at first glance. However, I’m not getting my indoor camera sensors back after configuration.
Should I start using events?

If you don’t see your cameras you probably set up the integration via the HA Cloud link, which right now doesn’t support cameras (I probably should make that more clear in the docs). So you have to use the configuration.yaml to make that possible.

If you want to get notified about events triggered by your camera the netatmo_event is the way to go.

Thanks @cgtobi! I can see the camera, I was just wondering where the sensors (of the camera) went (unknown face seen is particularly vital for my home made alarm system). I’ll give it a try with events.
Thanks!

Great!

The binary sensors were removed a few weeks ago. Webhook events provide a more reliable experience.

Have a look at the Netatmo webhook based event cookbook. :wink: