Netatmo Favorites Weather Station Addon

Fantastic, thank you!! :smile:

Hi. Looks like exactly what I’m looking for. However I only have HA in container.
Is there some docs how to install this extension without HA OS installed. Looks like container need to be build and then… some magic in configuration? :slight_smile:

how in that case an addon behave? where are typically addon settings stored, the ones from configuration tab?
were you able to start the addon? what is in your log?
it starts like this
21.12.2023 21:05:38 Starting Netatmo service
Run mode: hass
Config dir: /config/nfws/
the python script can run locally, addon settings must be in options.yaml, stations in stations.yaml

Sorry for the miscommunication from my side.
I just found this addon and figured out that I’m not able to use it without some additional effort. I didn’t tried your addon yet.
I’m still reading your code and searching for some information how Netatmo works and how to integrate this code to something different than HA addon.

the python script nfws.py can run stand-alone. Just run py nfws.py
place also stations.yaml and options.yaml in same directory.
As the script uses MQTT, you need to configure connection to you broker in options. For complete netatmo setup read installation steps

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. It works now as a standalone script without issues.

Hi. I installed and configured this add-on. Easy to setup. I have two or three questions:
1- Not really a question. I thought the netatmo integration was to send data from a station. But apparently it can be used by non-owners. I’ll take another look into it
2- This doesn’t seem to show the forecast. Possibly due to my stattions YAML configuration?
3- I was looking into ways to display this in a card, but apparently most cards assume a specific type of “weather” object while here we get individual values. Is there a way, or some guidelines to integrate this info into a more friendly card?

Thanks and good work!

1 - yes. You see same data here https://weathermap.netatmo.com
2 - Netatmo doesn’t show weather forecast. Only measured values
3- like I said, it is not a forecast. So you cannot show the data in weather card

Do this still work after netatmo has updatedet there system?
I cant get to the oauth_code,
its only return: https://api.netatmo.com/oauth2/hassio?error=invalid_client&state=nfws_hass

the addon still works. It is using OAUTH2 authorisation.
Can you post, what exactly you did and the logs?